Military Spouses?

Options

Replies

• Eryndil
    Eryndil Posts: 32
    Options
    Not a military spouse, but a Forces member myself. I'm trying to be healthier so I can pass my fitness test, not to mention fit into a smaller sized uniform! Add me if you'd like!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    navy wife here!! and on the same long road!
    been throu deployments, tad's, workups, underways, inspections, inserv's, ect, ect, ect....
  • Seros1992
    Seros1992 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Not a wife but I'm dating a man in the Air Force :) He's currently stationed overseas for the next two years.... I've got a ways to go before I hit a healthy weight but I'm challenging myself to get there by the end of the year....
  • sunkissed1109
    sunkissed1109 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Air Force wife here. Been together 10 years, married for 8. Been through 2 unaccompanied year tours to Korea, a handful of deployments and a few TDYs. In fact, he just left last week. Definitely a good time to work on my fitness!
  • shainapaddick
    Options
    Hey, I'm also a military spouse, and my husband is about to deploy for six months (Air Force). I'm taking the time to focus on becoming a healthier person all around. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • barkernc
    barkernc Posts: 29
    Options
    Navy Wife of over 13 years. I always do well when my hubby is deployed, but when he is home we eat out alot (so I always gain weight back). I always love making more friends.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My fiance is active duty Marine Corps, currently deployed. Any military S/O's, feel free to add me!
  • onefourone
    onefourone Posts: 212
    Options
    Too all the military spouse thank you for supporting our men and women the way you do. It is the hardest job in the military.

-from a Marine of 12 years
  • daynuhmuhree
    Options
    AF wife :)
  • carlaunderconstruction
    Options
    Hi, my significant other is Canadian Air Force. Before we were together, he had completed 3 deployments, and since we have been together he has only been away within Canada on courses, and taskings. I do better with food and exercise while he is away, but like others I almost instantly gain weight as soon as he comes home. Anyone posting on this thread feel free to friend me; I know it can be tough to be a military spouse, and we need all the support we can get.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Navy wife for 8yrs! husband has been in for almost 12yrs..we're getting ready for our 3rd deployment and the LONGEST one :( we're stationed in norfolk,va but live in va beach!
  • jennatree
    Options
    My husband is in the army, he's currently serving in Afghanistan. When he left I saw it as a challenge and an opportunity to be a new (slimmer) me when he gets back. So far so good, but it can be hard sometimes. We live in Germany at the moment x
  • EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm an Air Force wife. My husband's been in for 9 years as of last month.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Me! :) My husband and I have been in the Navy for almost 13 years.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I'm not a military spouse or anything, but I just wanted to say thank you to all of you and your spouses. I can't believe the strength you all have, it tears me up just thinking about how you all must feel when they're away.

If you're strong enough to watch them go, you are so strong enough to get yourselves healthy. The best of luck to all of you, and again, thank you.
  • Mells54
    Mells54 Posts: 5
    Options
    Air Force wife for almost 12 years and a Veteran as well...
  • amandacochran15
    Options
    Wife and member here :) It's awesome to see everyone on here! Mine husband is currently gone for 6 weeks and then comes home and I am leaving for 4. Such motivation to look good when you finally see each other :) I've been eating and working out so much better with him gone! Good thing my son will eat anything I cook :)
    Feel free to add me!
  • jgirl09
    jgirl09 Posts: 34
    Options
    Army Wife right here, was actually looking for other spouses located near me so maybe we can meet up and hit the gym together. Located in California, message me for post location if interested =)
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Navy wife...together 20, active duty 15 and counting...the hubs is currently deployed. We're both into health and fitness, so I eat pretty much the same as when he's home, but I do love to really hit it hard while he's gone and use homecoming as a 'goal'. Feel free to add me if you'd like!

Cheers!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My husband is retired Navy (20years) and works for DOD now - currently stationed in Japan for a 3 yr stint. Feel free to add me. :-)