Oh my! I started 30 DS today!

Options
I started the 30 DS today! I am a teacher and my students were telling me after school I would not be able to walk tomorrow. I was like, "How can 20 minutes be that bad?" I couldn't believe it. I had to stop at times, and I seriously thought I was going to die. Then I got on my treadmill to walk 1.5 miles after it and my legs felt like jelly. I am going to have to call in dead tomorrow I think......

Replies

• TopazCarey
    Options
    Congrats on getting through day one. You're gonna hurt in places you didn't even know existed tomorrow, but it gets a lot easier with time.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Stick with it for 4 days, no matter what. Somehow after the 3rd day you will start doing better. :flowerforyou:
  • mom22qties
    Options
    I completely agree after 3 days it's way easier!! My husband can relate to you, he thought the same thing. I was sore all over especially my legs, but I refused to stop. Good for you!!! You can do this!!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed you could do the treadmill after !! You will be sore. You will curse stairs for a couple of days. It gets better. I. did day 5 of level 2 today. Almost died more than once! !!
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    OMG I started it today also...And I have done zumba, gym, treadmill, biking, rollerblading and never remember hurting like this...I think I like it so far just hoping I don't get sick of it, that seems to be my pattern..LOL Well good luck and if you want to add me we can compare stories, I would love for that...Take care, Danyelle
  • 1sweetpea70
    1sweetpea70 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I bought it last week but im too afraid to do it, lol...i can barely walk now cuz of a back injury...
  • trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    Options
    Congrats on getting through day one. You're gonna hurt in places you didn't even know existed tomorrow, but it gets a lot easier with time.

So, true...way to go on getting started! This workout sure is a challenge but well worth it!
  • lauraashley85
    lauraashley85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1 as well. Did not, however, brave the treadmill after! lol.
  • willisda
    willisda Posts: 2,251 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day of Level 2. Stick with Level 1. It gets easier...and then level 2. Woah! You can do it!!
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 30 yesterday. Hang in there! The first few days were soooo rough for me. I could barely bend my legs to sit from a standing position and once I got up, it was even worse. It does get better. Just do what you can do the first few days until the soreness subsides. Take warm baths. That will help soothe those sore muscles. Good luck to you!
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    You will be sore for about 3 days but it'll get better and you will feel so much stronger! I felt new strength just after these 3 days!
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I so know what your talking about! I day day 1 yesterday and then did 15 mins swimming afterwards, just so I could cool down LOL (it was 30/86F here yesterday) and this morning I thought I wasn't going to be able to walk... I can, it just hurts when I sit for a long time, going to do day 2 today! Good luck and keep it up!
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 6 of level 1. I can go the whole workout without dying, still working on a little form, too. Are there any other men doing this or is this a workout for the 'girls?'
  • luvmypwds
    Options
    What weight are you guys using for the weights? I'm in the minority in that I found my first day - today - very easy.
  • Crys32
    Crys32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great job! After about 4 days you can start to see that your improving. Trust me it gets better, not easier. Your body learns to adjust and before long you're doing all the exercises. I'm on level 2, day 7 and today is the first day that I could "almost" do all the exercises without stopping. But I'm improving everyday, and thats an awesome feeling.

Good luck, you CAN do it.
  • ccraigbba
    Options
    My first day too! Those side lunges with arm raises are a killer!!! Pushups too. I did this morning and I think I will head to the gym just so I can use the hot tub :)
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 6 of level 1. I can go the whole workout without dying, still working on a little form, too. Are there any other men doing this or is this a workout for the 'girls?'

My husband is doing it also. He's in the middle of level 2.
  • danilandry
    danilandry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Grats on finishing your first day! This site has talked a lot about 30DS, I'm going to go out and buy it tomorrow so remember you have a team of people that are on the journey with you! I chuckled pretty hard about what your students said and the "call in dead" hahaha. Thank you, I needed that tonight.
  • bankstisha
    bankstisha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I did 2 miles on the treadmill and then Level 1 Day 1 today and OH WOW! I felt good doing it, though I had to push to get through it. But right now.....2 hours later......I can barely move my legs! usually I hurt the day after, but it's only 2 hours later and I hurt! Scared as to what I will wake up to! lol
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Also started today. Have done it before, and yeah, you start to feel better around day 4 or 5. I really hate it (can't stand Jillian) but can't argue with the results!