Oh my! I started 30 DS today!

Options

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I did day 2 today. All I have to say is are we sure it's safe to do this daily? Owwwww... :tongue:
  • _Ren
    _Ren Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I completed day 2 today. :)
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I would suggest some Advil! LOL You are gonna be sore for the next 3 or 4 days but once you push through day 4 it will get better, I promise!!! I think I went through 2 bottles of Advil that first week!
  • ladywolfkahn
    Options
    I am on day 6. Did day 1, felt really good, next morning was another story. Someone stole my legs OMG they hurt!
    Had to skip a day but have done 2-6 okay. still a little sore. havent lost anything weight wise yet BUT I have already lost a few inches in waist and legs. I feel better, and I feel firmer and more toned already which i love. Keep with it (Jillian grates on my nerves but I mute her and put on the stereo lol)
  • slynn88
    slynn88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started today too...the push ups were killer as I have no upper body strength. Other than that, I made it through without too many problems but then my legs and arms instantly felt like jello so I know I'll be hurting tomorrow. I have to take the day off tomorrow because I'm donating blood, but I'll be back at it on Friday. Good luck to everyone else just starting!
  • mlk8604
    mlk8604 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I know almost everyone has said this, but the more the better! It gets easier after 4 days - you just have to stick it out until then. You'll want to quit, you'll feel like passing out halfway through but stick with it. It's amazing how much better you'll feel Day4 or Day5. You can do it!!!!!!!!! :)
  • shawnadwyer
    shawnadwyer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    today was my 2nd day doing the 30ds... My legs were shaking... and needless to say when jillian says i wanna her you "grunt" i had a few choice of words for her lol. I thought the same thing really 20 mins this isnt gonna be to bad.. Boy was i wrong.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 today. Good stuff. While I thought I was going to die yesterday, today - I felt more able to make it! I only had to drop my weights once. Bring it on Jillian!
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    That is the same way I felt...
  • decomposinglight
    Options
    I also started today! I literally finished 10 minutes ago. It made my abdomen really uncomfortable like I was going to throw up.. but no pains during. I did a 45 minute aerobics class at the gym a few weeks ago that seemed way worse... Every time I got up for the next 3 days I was stiff and my calves hurt!
  • bioniclemonade
    Options
    Totally agree. I sat on the couch and watched level 1 when I first got it and thought - this is going to be so easy!! I just about died when I tried it. I'm on my second round and it does get easier - and I can't complain about the results! I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Nice work! It gets easier.....

I'm a teacher, too, and I can totally imagine my students saying that to me!
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    You think that's bad, try the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism video. I get DRENCHED in sweat.
  • millikenhomeschool
    Options
    So funny that someone else says they are going to call out Dead. I thought I was the only one who used that line. I started 30ds 3 days ago. I was totally bummed today to have to turn it off after 5 minutes. Yes, My legs are very sore and sitting on the toilet (lol) and walking downstairs are difficult. But, the worst for me is that I did something to my shoulder. I could hardly hold the weights or do a push-up. I really did not want to stop, but I had to be able to waitress tonight. Hopefully, torrow, I'll be feeling better.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred back in November-December - after day 1, I could barely sit on the toilet or walk down stairs for 3 days. THREE DAYS! And yes I took those 3 days off b/c it would have been ridiculous for me to try to workout in the kind of pain. But once I started again, I never had to take another break for pain, I started even doing the level I was on twice in a row, got to level 3 and started doing all 3 levels in a row, and it did amazing things for my body in just that short 37 days that it took me to complete it. If you are in REAL pain tomorrow, take the day off. Otherwise, stick with it and you will get results. If you haven't already take starting measurements all over your body so you can compare with your new measurements at the end of the month. (your thighs at the largest point, your butt/hips at the largest point, belly at the largest point, under your bust, and your bust measurement) You'll be amazed.
  • Tatimommy
    Options
    I'm on day 6 level 1 but ended up spraining my foot jogging right after :(. I hope I dont have to start all over because it was a killer but it did get easier:)
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Day 3.....and my calves have started hurting lol I've been such a whiner walking up and down the stairs at work! I must say that I'm sure it's in my head....but I'm already feeling MUCH better in my clothes!!!
  • fishercarrie
    Options
    My husband is doing it too and so did my brother.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    I did LEVEL 2 DAY 1 today.......IT IS HARD!! I may have to complete this level twice before moving onto 3. OMGoodness...
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    I just did day 4 of level 1 (skipped 3 days in between :blushing: my bad-lol)!! I totally agree, at first I thought I was going to die, but now it seems if I can get threw the first 10 minutes for some reason the rest of the workout just seems easier to me!! I'm now wondering how long do you stay on level 1 before you guys move on??:flowerforyou: Always looking for supportive, motivational friends - feel free to add me if anyone would like!!:drinker: