wanting to feel full before bed

Options
I know its not good to eat before bed but I always do...atleast a cup of milk....I want too feel full before going to bed...I feel like I sleep better...what can I do to stop needing to feel this way???

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Wow your the opposite of me! Well you burn calories quicker when your awake and moving, and slower in your sleep. But by the next day you've probably burned the same amount of calories so it doesnt matter anyway unless you find that you will burn more if you know your intake before sleep and are not going to make it up.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i dont believe that its a bad thing to eat before bed. eating is eating and as long as you are staying in your calorie range you have nothing to worry about. eating your entire days worth of calories right before bed if you really have to.do you really think a few hours difference is going to change the way your body is digesting?
    I personally have to be stuffed to fall asleep. one of my favorite right before bed snacks is a bowl of fiber one cereal with some almond milk and some fresh fruit on top. fills me up bigtime.
    I have eaten right before i go to sleep almost every night since i started my weight loss. Just dont binge eat over your calories.
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    heres another thread on the same topic going on right now

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/500366-how-late-should-you-eat
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry and it fits into your nutritional goals, you can eat WHENEVER you want to. Makes absolutely no difference.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I know its not good to eat before bed but I always do...atleast a cup of milk....I want too feel full before going to bed...I feel like I sleep better...what can I do to stop needing to feel this way???

I'm the same as you, and I know I sleep better full; I tend to wake up hungry in the middle of the night if I don't eat late. Don't worry about it - I don't think it is bad, personally.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Drink water :)
  • Oretexan
    Oretexan Posts: 108
    Options
    i dont believe that its a bad thing to eat before bed. eating is eating and as long as you are staying in your calorie range you have nothing to worry about. eating your entire days worth of calories right before bed if you really have to.do you really think a few hours difference is going to change the way your body is digesting?
    I personally have to be stuffed to fall asleep. one of my favorite right before bed snacks is a bowl of fiber one cereal with some almond milk and some fresh fruit on top. fills me up bigtime.
    I have eaten right before i go to sleep almost every night since i started my weight loss. Just dont binge eat over your calories.
    [/quote

Agree!
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Casein protein is where it's at!!!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I like to feel full before bed too, so that's why I try to eat as close to bedtime as possible.

Oh, and that stuff about "it's not good to eat late at night"... it's BS.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I often eat half my day's calories at around 8pm, so I'm still full at bedtime.
    It works for me. I have something to look forward to, to keep me going all day, and I go to bed satisfied.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Drinking water will just get you up in the night. I read you should cut the water intake 3 hours before bed for this reason (if you are drinking plenty in the day) I drink Horlicks before bed, but made 95% with boiling water. You can be more prone to restless nights if eating late, as the body is working away digesting it...
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    To avoid feeling hungry before going to bed, eat before you go to bed. Your metabolism does not stop or slow down when you sleep, that's a myth.
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    This has been and continues to be a challenge for me because I like to feel full when I go to sleep too. The mistake I was making earlier in my weight loss was using up all my calories at dinnertime (around 7PM) and then having none left for the rest of my evening - I go to bed around 1:30AM. So, what has helped me is saving at least 200 calories for a decent bedtime snack like some grapes, a few slices of cheese, and a glass of milk or a piece of toast with peanut butter.

For example, it's 10:10PM right now and I'm hungry, but I'm going to wait until around 11:45 or midnight to eat my snack.
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    i didnt mean that she should literally eat 1200 calories everyday immediately before going to sleep. But if that would happen once in a while i dont think she would implode or anything.
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    I ALWAYS get the "munchies" @ bedtime; My solution? Canned fruit in unsweetened juice.:smile:
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I also must eat with an hour of sleeping or I will not sleep good. Doesn't seem to be affecting my losses too much.
  • brittanyla077
    brittanyla077 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all I guess I will just lower my calories during the day...I've never had to diet and stuff before but after two kids( youngest is 3 months) I want to get back to how I looked in high-school....and um just kinda new at everything I'm starting to learn what does what for my body ya know ...
  • brittanyla077
    brittanyla077 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I also must eat with an hour of sleeping or I will not sleep good. Doesn't seem to be affecting my losses too much.

No it doesn't you are awesome!!!!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I am with Gary.... I have type 2 diabetes (diagnosed in 2009) and do to low blood sugar during the night I use to wake up at 3 in the morning and get up to eat something. So I learned it is best to eat something b4 I go to sleep to keep me from waking in the night so every night I go to bed with a cup (30) of Almonds with a Glass (2 cups) of 1% Chocolate Milk. It is around 560 calories and keeps me satisfied til morning. As long as you have the calories to fit in the snack for the day there is no rule of when you have to eat those calories. If you have Acid Reflux or a condition like that then you may want to eat this snack earlier so you have alittle time to digest it b4 bed.... Good Luck........