Saddlebags

Options
Does anyone know.......what types of exercise work best to minimize saddlebags/cellulite??

Replies

• OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Would looooooooooove to hear responses to this too :smile:
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear too... this is my WORST problem area. Seems that no matter what I do, the darn things won't go away!
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    :huh: Saddlebags?

And were are these "saddlebags"?
  • Gemmageldmacher
    Gemmageldmacher Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    As my trainer used to say, "INTERVALS INTERVALS INTERVALS". You can't really spot train, you need to burn/lose fat all over. One of the best way to to this is adding interval training to your cardio workouts. Just google interval cardio and you'll find a million things you can do on any machine.
  • I hate my saddlebags! My jeans just dosen't look right because of that.
  • mindfulone
    mindfulone Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    HELLO I jst ordered Brazil Butt Lift I had been watching this infomercial and I was really curious about what it was promoting the women I saw had real result and not only did it lift their behinds it got rid of those saddlebags I got mine( saddlebags) when I had my second son.... I haven't started it yet but it does claim to do the trick... It works the different angles in your hip and thigh area...
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, but a friend of mine that is a trainer has told me a squat with a side leg lift is a great thing for that saddle baf area. I think I have even done that combo a couple times in a Jillian workout video.
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv or you can find them on fb.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am doing Jillian Michaels killer buns and thighs and have seen reduction in my saddle bags (I'm a pear, so they were pretty bad...) i really wanted to try Brazillian Butt Lift, but refused to spend the money. The Jillian dvd was $10 at walmart, or about the same on amazon.com, and am very happy with the decision.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I just started Brazil Butt Lift a couple of days ago. I have heard that it does wonders for those two problems.
  • shortandfeisty
    Options
    Running.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Get the butt bible. It's an exercise video specifically for that, or do squats, lunges, hyperextensions, reverse hyperextensions, leg extensions etc. You can google them if you don't know what they are and you can find demonstrations.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh, and you can find the series alot cheaper on Ebay. I paid like $65 but it is a great workout.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Some women are pear shaped .... some women (myself included) will ALWAYS be pear shaped. Other women DO have success.

Barre exercise is "said" to minimize your thighs. Giving you a longer, leaner look. Think ballet, these DVDs are popular right now.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and lots of cardio, possibly walking uphill on a treadmill. My saddlebags are really bad, they stick way out. I hate the way they look! It also help to reduce overall fat.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Donkey kicks and side leg lifts will firm the muscles under those saddle bags, and give your upper leg more definition.
  • holiday99
    Options
    squats (forwards, backwards, chair, and side) + lunges
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Get the butt bible. It's an exercise video specifically for that, or do squats, lunges, hyperextensions, reverse hyperextensions, leg extensions etc. You can google them if you don't know what they are and you can find demonstrations.

I agree! Just did 6 weeks of this and while I still have some work to do, I definitely saw some improvement. I plan to do the whole 6 week series over again. The 3 level set is on Amazon for less than $20
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    You can't really spot reduce.... Exercises cannot completely eliminate saddle bags on their own. Yes, they can help to pull them in and tone them, resulting in a smaller, more compact appearance, but you also must watch your diet.

That being said, some great exercise would be:

-go backwards on the eliptical
    -squats
    -side lunges
    -side leg raises
    -front-to-back hip swings
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we don't pick the places we lose weight! I swear i can lose 5 lbs and my collar bones stick out, but the damn saddle bags stay! My trainer at the gym said the best thing is to lose body fat, and lift heavy with your legs. Squats, dead-lifts... he also recommends building shoulder muscles, so that it will help balance your appearance... a little broader shoulder will draw attention away from the ol bags! I blame genetics! :) Thanks mom!