What was your WORST binge ever?

Options

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Went to a party and ate tons of pizza and chips. When the cake and ice cream came out, I ate ALMOST a full quart of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

I spent all night puking my life away.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want any given day so long as you make up for it on others. This is why I track my calories/macros on a weekly basis. Stop worrying about binge days! Instead focus on eating well and exercising most days so you can occasionally indulge yourself without guilt!

I consumed 7041 calories on Saturday, but I would not call it a "binge". It felt like a normal day to me and I really enjoyed it! I remain very lean with a body fat percentage of about 10%.
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    When I moved to Northern CA in the middle of HS. I was so depressed I baked and ate six dozen Oatmeal Raisin cookies in one weekend (with a gallon of milk).
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Our anniversary dinner..

1 double bacon cheeseburger
    6 boneless wings

Then my husband and I split:
    An order of fries
    An order of Nachos
    An order of Mozzarella sticks
    An order of onion rings

And we each had a bakery size cupcake.

We felt so sick we both got gym memberships the next day.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    possum-in-the-bakery.jpg
  • blondie_182_182
    blondie_182_182 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have been a binge eater high school and there have been some pretty bad binges over the years. The worst that I can remember is eating an entire large cheese pizza, an order of breadsticks, and a box of little debbie brownies just for breakfast. For lunch, I went to Burger King for an order of onion rings, french fries, and a BK Veggie. Followed that up with a large blizzard from Dairy Queen and another order of onion rings. Ate all of that too. Dinner was at an Italian restaurant where I scarfed down a large plate of fettucine alfredo, 5 or 6 pieces of garlic bread, an entire bottle of wine, and cheesecake.

It's easy to see why I weighed 200 pounds at one time, because this kind of stuff happened more than I would like to admit. Binging still happens from time to time, but it's nothing like it used to be.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire box of 20 chocolate covered macadmia nuts in one sitting. And then I got irregular hearbeats right afterward I ate the last one. Had to go to the ER. After an EEG and lots of other tests on the heart, it turned out something in that particular chocolate caused benign irregular heartbeats for me. I don't eat that brand anymore. This was several years ago. I won't repeat that again!
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    who ME?

ive NEVVVVVVVVVVVVER BINGED OMG OMG OMG HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?

where the **** is the smiley face where the eye rolls

some of you ppl on here. never binged. like in your entire life. you never ate too much. hmmmm

OK. WOW. YOURE A GOD.

my biggest binge?

one time i ate the entire green bean bake on thanksgiving before it got to the table.

i was like 11. and i totally lied to her too, looked her dead in the eyes with frenchs fried onion breath and said "not me babe"

my mom was legit, furious, i thought she was going to throw me in a trash can.
  • rbeidelman
    rbeidelman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to have binge eating disorder, so it was all pretty bad. But here are a few meals that stand out:

Breakfast:

12 Biscuits, 6 slices of cheese, 1 lb. of bacon, 4 scrabbled eggs

Lunch:

An entire "Mighty Meaty", large pizza from Mellow Mushroom and a 2 liter of coke

Just in case you were wondering, that's about 4900 calories, 9440 mg of salt, 536 mg of cholesterol, 684 g of carbs, and 66 teaspoons of sugar.

Dinner:

3.5 pound dish of chicken Alfredo (it was supposed to feed a family of four) and 6 cheese bread sticks

or

4 rolls of sushi, 3 pound bag of chicken tenders, a half gallon of sweet tea.
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    can I ask something? how do you guys feel when it occurs? I heard it was a way to cope with depression, but the concept is really foreign to me. I mean, eating is certainly the last thing I want to do when depressed or sad.

I dont know...the problem for me wasn't eating while depressed. If I was depressed I wouldn't eat at all. My problem was everything looked/smelled/tasted good and I wanted one. Of everything. And not being smart enough to realize what I was doing to myself and when I did it was too late. Habits were established, eating patterns were in place, my friends were all like me so it didn't seem abnormal. Not until a particular hefty dinner of enchiladas w/rice and beans and a hamburger caused me to throw up. Then I realized something wasn't quite right.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Wow I think most of you got me beat. I guess I've never really binged on a crazy amount of food (except the time I was starving and ate a whole box of pasta with half a jar of sauce), but I just had a lot of mini binges, every day (eating a whole box of cookies, eating 3 ice cream cones or finishing a whole piece of cheese - not the cheddar blocks though, even I couldn't do that lol).
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

I will start out with something innocent, like lunch. A sandwich or some steamed veggies with chicken or fish, then suddenly after I eat I turn into a wild animal. Nothing is safe.

^^^ this made me laugh out loud!

I remember once picking up a med pack of timbits for a friend as a thank you for babysitting my kids. I only MENT to eat one or two on the way.... and then I had eaten half of the box.

^^^ ive done this. Picked up lunch for my husband at McDs intending to eat just one or two fries but when I got home id eaten both our fries. Large fries mind you. Was so embarrassed I hid the evidence and pretended to be pissed that they forgot our fries:ohwell:
  • MarianneElizabethRDH
    Options
    A box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Even scooped out the sugary powder at the bottom. Talk about a major sugar high then a huge sugar crash. Ugh.
  • EmiBun
    EmiBun Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm about 3 years ago my "binges" could be considered a whole bag of goldfish by myself, and plateful of pasta afterward.*every sunday eating at my italian grandmothers house*

I got into baking as well, so once I tried to make my own icing using crisco(the recipe called for it) Looking back on it I remember tasting the crisco over and over again(I probably had at least 1/4 cup crisco)

Umm lets see, eating cookie dough, cookies, and frosting at cookie parties with my friends.
    OH! I often went out to dinner with family:

At friendlies: I'd get a cup of chicken noodle, grilled cheese with fries, and at the end of the meal I'd get a friend Z, of either oreo or reeses flavor. (I also had those big colorful soda's in those pint sized glasses: Blue-raspberry because the cherry tasted like cough medicine)

At Pizza hut: I'd get a large rootbeer(SUGAR+REFILLS) and then eat 3-4 cheesy breadsticks with marinara sauce, I'd get a kids mini pizza, be to full to eat it, BUT by the time we left I'd have room so I ate it in the car on the way home.(OH THE SODIUM)

At Chinese Buffets: I'd often get the fried chicken wings, chicken nuggets, a SHEET ton of pork fried rice(of which I made sure to pick out the pork pieces in the pan so i had alot of them), then I'd have 2 of those fried sugar covered donuts + ice cream.

Now for 1 1/2 years I've developed anorexia(in recovery though) SO my binges now consist of:
    A piece of devils food cake (may 2x2 inches with frosting on top and choc. chips inside it) I then went to zumba for an hour(I would have puked it up but vomiting scares the **** out of me)

3-5 Large carrots: I 've had a passion for them as of late. I could eat a whole bag of minis no probs

1/2 box of special k chips/ 1 whole container of gerber baby puffs(lol only 150 cals so not a binge really)

TOOO BEE HONEST!
    i wish i didnt care anymore.. I'd kill for a vegan friend-z alternative(dairy messes with my digestion)
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Is anybody else just cruising this thread looking for meal ideas for re-feed days? I feel like a freak.
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Seeing this thread has made me realize how long I've gone without a full out binge, and makes me quite proud of myself. I've had days of overeating, but not binges like I used to.

It would typically be:

Afternoon: A ton of chinese takeout. And not the "healthy" stuff. Orange chicken, ribs, lo mein, fried rice. Then I'd hit the japanese restaurant and buy a ton of sushi.

Evening/night
    1 -2 boxes of large pan pizza with 2-3 toppings
    1 box of breadsticks
    Buffalo wings
    2L of some type of soda
    Ice cream, 1-2 pints

And I would reach a point where eating hurts, but I'd just keep going.

The worst part about it? These binges happened whenever I was "dieting". I'd go a week of low calories (1200-1400 calories, which with a BMR ~1700 is very low for me) and then Friday night/Saturday night when my roommates left for the weekend, I would just inhale all that food. And no, I didn't throw it up/use laxatives. It was digested and used by my body.

Just thinking about it makes me want to puke.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    The one I regret the most was when I was single and living by myself. I made an entire pot of chili with 6 cans beans, 3 pounds ground beef, onion, canned tomatoes, spices, etc. Then I ate the whole pot. With cheese, crackers, and sour cream.

I worked from home for two days after that.

Bwahahaha. Ok, this one made me laugh. :laugh:

Me too! Holy moly that must have been rough! I mean.. I love chili too.. especially with white rice (am I the only one?)... 3 lbs of beef!!! 6 cans of beans!!!! I would have been out too
  • msliu7911
    Options
    A box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Even scooped out the sugary powder at the bottom. Talk about a major sugar high then a huge sugar crash. Ugh.

OMG! I DO NOT purchase cereal because for some reason I always end up overeating with it ... especially Cinnamon Toast Crunch lol. Then afterward I feel all bloated from the milk and just too much cereal in general.

This is why I stick with a protein shake and or fruit/yogurt for breakfast and the same for snacks. NO CEREALS. ;)
  • msliu7911
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want any given day so long as you make up for it on others. This is why I track my calories/macros on a weekly basis. Stop worrying about binge days! Instead focus on eating well and exercising most days so you can occasionally indulge yourself without guilt!

I consumed 7041 calories on Saturday, but I would not call it a "binge". It felt like a normal day to me and I really enjoyed it! I remain very lean with a body fat percentage of about 10%.

7041 calories? Thats just a couple thousand under what I eat in a whole week! Then again I'm trying to LOSE weight and if you're at 10% then you're obviously at maintenance etc. :)
  • shermikes98
    shermikes98 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I ate two Whoppers, large fries, Jr whopper, large sweet tea and a apple pie sat in the Burger King parking lot and ate the whole thing....ahhjj