marijuana use....

Options
misscaligreen
misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
Interesting article..... controversial topic. What are your thoughts?

http://healthland.time.com/2011/09/08/marijuana-slims-pot-smoking-linked-to-lower-body-weight/

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Uhh... I'm pretty sure it was the munchies that made me fat.
  • misscaligreen
    Options
    hahahhahahahaha funny but I have to disagree! It was giving IN to the munchies that makes us fat :wink:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Aww come on... isn't that why we called them "fatties"?
  • TomRiddleIsDead
    TomRiddleIsDead Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hahahhahahahaha funny but I have to disagree! It was giving IN to the munchies that makes us fat :wink:

Exactly!
    Weed really isn't as harmful as the government wants you to think. :)
  • misscaligreen
    Options
    Aww come on... isn't that why we called them "fatties"?

too funny! :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    It should be legal and taxed just like alcohol. It is way less harmful for you than alcohol.
  • Ady0092
    Options
    I agree
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    pot is the wonder drug that does wonders... it lowers metabolism, it calms headaches.. i can help people who have manic episodes calm down (there is nothing, not muscle relaxers, ativan, nothing works on my mania like weed does).. for that reason alone it should be legal...

and its better for you then smoking cigarettes and alcohol...

there is not one good reason to make it illegal, except the government would loose a lot of money if it was made legal

president obama promised that the feds would not go after state legal dispensaries , but for some reason they are.. in my area alone dozens have been closed.. its shameful.. obama should be ashamed...
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Don't even gotta ask me if I'm smokin' man you smell it through the walls!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Munchies are for amateurs.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Totally agree that it was giving into the munchies that made me gain the weight.

I think it should be treated the same as alchol & cigs ~ they are luxaries in life. They should all be legal & taxed.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Hey!!! Give me back my mop!! :mad:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

hahahaha!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Awesome.

Here's a munchiez tip:

Prepare a healthy treat or fill a bowl with fruits and veggies and place it at eye level in your fridge.

That way when your done and looking for something it will be right in front of your eyes and look delicious.

It's helped me tons hahaha :)
  • LadyWingsFan
    Options
    I know someone who smokes it and it keeps their weight off drastically. Somehow their metabolism is sped up? It's also a great way to alleviate depression, cancer symptoms, and headaches. Too bad that alcohol is legal, but a medicinal drug isn't? Oh, well...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It should be legal and taxed just like alcohol. It is way less harmful for you than alcohol.
    I vote no taxes on weed OR alcohol...
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I don't smoke as much as I used to, but I do indulge on occasion. I believe that it should be legalized and taxed- there would be more money for other things because there would be less money spent on prosecuting those who got caught with pot.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Rule to live by: Work out first- smoke later.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    But we all just need to smoke some weed and see if it don't help the quality of your mother f#*king life. I know, I see some of y'all. Look, I understand. If you ain't smoking weed 'cause you got a good job, then by all means make your paper booboo. But if you ain't got no job, and you're not smoking weed, I don't know what the f#*k you are doing with your life. I really don't. I really don't.

Don't give me that **** about it's a drug it ain't no mother f#*king drug, I had done the research, it's just a plant. It's just grows like that. And if you happen to set it on fire, there are some affects. But that's not the same as drugs. Drugs, you got to do **** to it chemically. You got to add baking soda, water stir it up. I don't know the recipe, I'm just saying. It's some **** you got to do to it. But why the f#*k is it illegal, I don't know. Aspirin is perfectly legal, but if you take 13 of them mother f#*kers, it'll be your last headache. As long as you've been living you ain't never heard of a mother f#*ker overdose on marijuana. You might have thought that ni#*a was dead, "He ain't dead..." He's going to wake up in 30 minutes, hungry enough to eat up everything in your house. That's the side effects. Hungry, happy, sleepy, that's it. You can all testify.

Katt Williams
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I vote no taxes on weed OR alcohol...
    [/quote]

I second this vote :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.