Wasting my time?

2»

Replies

• jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Wow! I didn't really expect to get so many responses so quickly! Haha.

First of all: thanks for all the uplifting and encouraging respones.

Second: One of the points I wanted to make to him (but I refrained, because from arguing with him in the past I've realized that it can be like beating a dead horse) was that everyone is different, and what works for him might not work for me, and the other way around and so on. So I'm glad to hear people tell me that. I can only do what I want to do, and I've spent QUITE a while trying to figure out what's best for me. It's that goal at the end that I look for; the end result. And it's more than just a superficial thing... I just want to feeeeel healthy.

Third: No offense taken at all on the comments towards my friend. Haha. He can be a pretty big *kitten* sometimes, so it's all good.

Lastly, I'm glad that I joined this site to know that there are so many encouraging people on here. I believe it'll help. Definitely. I don't need a personal trainer to encourage me; as long as I have this site here, I think I'll do just fine.

Also, thanks for the extra tips. I have taken up push-ups as of late, but I haven't been doing as many as 5 sets everytime. But I'll definitely start picking up on that. Anything that helps is awesome.

Thanks again! :-)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    I have lost 37 pounds and I don't go to the gym. I have a stationary bike, exercise DVD's, here at my house and I busted my butt on Saturday by walking 3 miles outside, boy were my legs sore yesterday but it was worth it. Don't let what people say get you down.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Anyway, I guess the reason I'm in here is because I wanna know if I"m actually wasting my time, or if my friend was just getting high on himself because of his ignorance (I mean, he's certainly not in shape or anything, no more than me) and good day at the gym.

ca-ching! sounds like someone was brainwashed by the trainer trying (desperately:noway: ) to sell his services. you are NOT NOT NOT wasting your time, believe me!
This discussion has been closed.