What am I doing wrong?!

Options
2»

Replies

• mallorylalonde
    Options
    I had a week where I did not lose weight. I worked out every single day and watched my caloric intake. I was frustrated too.

I did some research and what was suggested is that you eat a few more calories and change your work out routine. I found that worked well for me. Here is the link:

http://www.workout-x.com/fitness-articles/218/Beating-the-Weight-Loss-Plateau

Good luck and don't give up.
  • dcfatica
    Options
    I was like you too! I was entering everything and watching like a hawk what I ate and a whole month later I lost only one pound, talk about frustrated I was!!! Then I talked to myself and decided that maybe I was losing because my body had adjusted for the the amount of physical activity that I do in a day. Sounds crazy I know but I am basically eating the same amount of calories but now I am switching around when I have them. I am fairly light around lunchtime, one because it is easier for me and I don't have alot of time at work to fuss with food. Finally am seeing results!!! Sometimes I think that your body gets used to the routines and we just had switch things up....like I said I am eating the same amount just different mix. I sometimes have a cliffbuidler bar and find that it satisfies my hunger, low in calories and high in vitimin's and protein hope this helps
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    IMHO, you are thinking too short term and focusing on the wrong thing. And because its the weight you focus on, the fact that what happens (or doesn't happen) in the way you think that it should, you call it "wrong."

What if I told you that you actually have to follow a general exercise and eating routine for at least as long as it took you to put on and hold the weight that you now wish to get rid of? Would that discourage you?

I know you are 24 years old. But how long have you been struggling with your weight? And while there are things you can do for dramatic weight reduction over a shorter period of time, you've got to think longer term. You'll see at MFP people who will tell you that if you took 10 years to put on the weight, then you've got to think of the weight loss as a 10 year project. I don't quite buy that but figuring it will take between 1/3rd and 1/2 half that time to lose it, is probably a realistic goal.

I've lost 65 pounds and I did not set out to lose 65 pounds when I started in 2008. Yes, I did start out with the idea that I was going to lose some weight, but no real plan or goal. I thought it might be nice to lose a few pounds per month. And I tracked my weight and I did lose some. I measured distances walked, when I walked. I was too heavy and too out of shape to run.

Most of my weight came off in 2010 (I can share how) AND I spent most of 2011 in a 5 pound range. But, I kept at my program. Note: although my weight did not change, my body did as my waist and chest size.

You are going to have to give up the quick-fix, short-term view. It isn't about dieting. Its about doing the work to have you body nourished appropriately and functioning efficiently.

BTW, I was married on The Mountain and it is my favorite national park.
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey there, First things first. In order for anyone to give you some accurate answers you must first open your diary. This is done in your settings. Now There are a couple of options there. You can open it to the public, Open it to MFP Friends only, or open it to select people by setting a key. Remember to SAVE options after you change them. After this is done, I'll be glad to have a look and offer advice as I can! Take care and good luck. BTW I have a policy (personal one) I'll never call anyone out in public, but if I see something I don't like, I'll give you the respect of inboxing you privately. I also have a blog up with ALOT of helpful info. Feel free to add me if you like, and look at my blog and diary. Lee #NoExcusesLetsGo!!

I agree with this man! He REALLY will help you! Add him, read his blogs, read his motivational statuses!! He will keep you going, even when you're on your last leg and want to give up! Trust me! I'm one of em!! Lee is a great motivator! I am so thankful God put me in the position to run into him here on MFP b/c he is so motivating! A very good man!