Name a favorite movie and a famous quote from it.

Options

Replies

• TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    "It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. You take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have." — Will Munny, (Eastwood), in Unforgiven
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Forrest Gump: "Run, Forrest! Ruuuuun!" 'Cause that's what I always hear in my mind when I'm running on the treadmill. :laugh:

My Fellow Americans (the scene where James Garner and Jack Lemon have to jump off a moving train in order to avoid being captured):

Jack Lemon is hesitant to jump: Oh, my God! I don't think I can do this!
    James Garner: Oh, of course you can! You just jump, tuck, and roll! It's all hay and grass out there! It's the amber waves of grain, for cryin' out loud!"

Forward a few seconds, to after they've jumped. Jack Lemon hollers out for James Garner who says: "I'm over here!"
    As Jack Lemon is approaching him, James Garner sits up, and with a very comical look on his face says: "I think I got a chunk of purple mountain's majesty up my *kitten*!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

^^Gets me every time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u8gA5q8NS8
  • drapisking
    drapisking Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    "Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?
    You don't need any help from me sir.
    That's Right!"
    Clue the Movie

also,
    "You lure men to their deaths like a spider with flies.
    Flies are where men are most vulnerable."
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily my fav but an awesome quote from "A League of Their Own"
    Tom Hanks to Geena Davis on playing baseball:

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would be doing it. The hard is what makes it great.

I <3 that movie and one of my fave quotes- (Tom Hanks) Are you Crying? there's no crying in baseball, there's no crying in baseball!!
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    "Napolean, dont be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day" -Napolean Dynomite

haha! ^^^This
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love Steel Magnolis! I can pretty much recite the whole movie, lol!

Clairee: Ouiser, you sound almost chipper. What happened today - you run over a small child or something?

Ouiser: You are evil, and you must be destroyed.
    Clairee: Mother Nature's taking care of that faster than you could.

Clairee: Very good, Annelle! Spoken like a true smart-*kitten*!

Truvy: Oh, Sammy's so confused he don't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt.

Shelby: Well, we went skinny dipping and we did things that frightened the fish.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily my fav but an awesome quote from "A League of Their Own"
    Tom Hanks to Geena Davis on playing baseball:

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would be doing it. The hard is what makes it great.

I <3 that movie and one of my fave quotes- (Tom Hanks) Are you Crying? there's no crying in baseball, there's no crying in baseball!!

I always laugh at that one, too! It's not the line itself that's great...it's the way Tom delivers it. The guy's a comedic genius in my opinion.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Say hello to my little friend!-Scarface
  • optional1
    optional1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    "I can eat a peach for hours" Nicholas Cage , in FACE-OFF
  • Hoover8it
    Hoover8it Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Officer and a Gentleman 'Way to go Paula way to go"
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a like button...there are a lot of good quotes here!!!

My favorite movie is the Notebook....
    My favorite quotes include:
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said... The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: Humility. (Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood)

I love him! I love him for the man he wants to be. And I love him for the man he almost is.
    Shut up, just shut up. You had me at "hello". (Jerry Mcquire)

Orlando: Helen, if I'm away from you for more than an hour, I can't stop thinking about you. I carry you in my spirit. I pray for you more than I pray for myself. I've got it so bad for you I'd... I'd go to the grocery store and buy your feminine products, I swear I would.
    Orlando: And see? And that... that... That smile. Helen, when you smile like that, my world... It's all right.
    Orlando: I am in love with you. (Diary of a Mad Black Woman)

Just to name a few
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Jessep: You want answers?
    Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
    Kaffee: I want the truth!
    Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
    We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
    Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
    Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
    Jessep: You're ***damn right I did!!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Face Off "I could eat a peach for hours"
  • WBish3
    WBish3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The Princess Bride

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
  • digitalmayhap
    digitalmayhap Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    A Marine's Story - " Failure ain't the fallin down, it's the stayin' down."
  • WBish3
    WBish3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    "Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?
    You don't need any help from me sir.
    That's Right!"
    Clue the Movie

also,
    "You lure men to their deaths like a spider with flies.
    Flies are where men are most vulnerable."

Love that movie. Have probably watched a hundred times.
  • secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    A Time to Kill - "Yes, the deserved to die, and I hope they burn in hell!!"
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Joon: Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese.

or

Sam: You don't like raisins?
    Joon: Not really.
    Sam: Why?
    Joon: They used to be fat and juicy and now they're twisted. They had their lives stolen. Well, they taste sweet, but really they're just humiliated grapes. I can't say I am a big supporter of the raisin council.

*Benny and Joon*

BTW- I like raisins. :wink:
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Repo man!

Duke:The lights are growing dim Otto. I know a life of crime has led me to this sorry fate, and yet, I blame society. Society made me what I am.
    Otto: That's bull****. You're a white suburban punk just like me.
    Duke: Yeah, but it still hurts.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087995/quotes?qt=qt0280552
  • rachelmarie2774
    Options
    Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
    Kaffee: I want the truth!
    Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
    We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
    Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
    Jessep: You're ***damn right I did!!
    Very Good One!