Need A Butt!

Options
There's a lot of me, for sure, but nothing on the rear side! My butt is SO flat that seriously all my pants look HORRIBLE! Have you tried a particular workout dvd specifically for that area and had good results?

Replies

• shushu10
    shushu10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've just started doing The Butt Bible after reading positive reviews on this forum. I also am pretty attentive of how I use the elliptical (push down on my heels and switching directions). Along with some machines every once in a while.. I've been seeing results :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing that Brazilian butt lift video is good. LOL

Sadly, according to a episode of pen and tellers bullsh*t, apparently you can't grow a butt. :( Kind of like you can't grow boobs (which I really need!)
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options

Sadly, according to a episode of pen and tellers bullsh*t, apparently you can't grow a butt. :( Kind of like you can't grow boobs (which I really need!)

True! However just a little sculpting to APPEAR like I have a butt would be nice! :laugh:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You can have some of mine!!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Squats gave me a nice bubble butt
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I am with you there. My mother swears I must have found a bottle of Noassatall when I was a child and ingested the whole thing. It is the only way to explain how I am all gut and no butt!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Strength training! Heavy weights. Squats, lunges and deadlifts are most often prescribed. My gym doesn't have a squat rack :frown: but doing the leg press, glute press and back extensions have done me good.

camo-suit-back-june-jan.jpg

8pounds.jpg
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

True! However just a little sculpting to APPEAR like I have a butt would be nice! :laugh:

You can build the muscle under the skin, and create definition much like building the muscles in your arms and legs. Better than looking like a frog that stood up. :)
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Strength training! Heavy weights. Squats, lunges and deadlifts are most often prescribed. My gym doesn't have a squat rack :frown: but doing the leg press, glute press and back extensions have done me good.

8pounds.jpg

ME-OW!!
    Exactly what I was talking about, but your visuals helped!!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Squats gave me a nice bubble butt

All the cool people squat.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

http://lifeisreallybeautiful.com/amazing-wacky-things/wanna-enlarge-your-breasts-try-breast-slapping/
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

Dang, I was going to make the same offer, but you beat me to it. I guess I have to go with my original plan: discovering an exercise to make my butt fat move to my breasts.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

You can't grow a butt (of course you could get implants...)

The best way to shape it though, is to work the gluteal muscles to make them bigger - the same as you would any other muscle. Weight bearing exercises such as squats and lunges to build the muscle and solid diet/general active lifestyle to remove the surrounding fat.

You'll be wearing hotpants before you know it! :glasses: :wink:
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

This. You CAN create a good looking butt. It is a muscle (unlike your boobs). The more muscle you have the perkier your butt will be. Strength training is good, so is Walking up stairs/Stair Climber and Walking on an incline.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

This is exactly what I came here to say XD
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options

8pounds.jpg

Random note, I think the hair in a pony tail is a better look... >_< not sure why this is what I notice...
  • bjlkt2
    bjlkt2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Girl, that's awesome progress. Great pics. Keep it up! :D:D:D
  • bjlkt2
    bjlkt2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Also, YES you can build your butt. I have been! :D

Squats (HEAVY WEIGHTS)
    Glute-flexion machine
    Glute-ham raise machine (if your gym has one...sadly a lot of gyms don't)
    Hip-thrusts (AKA Butt bridges)
    Lunges
    Stairmaster

Do any or all of these and watch that butt perk right up ;)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    stairmasters are also great to work the legs and glutes
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I walk on incline. Hamstrings and glutes are tight