Need ground turkey recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• maryacwood
    Options
    You can substitute the turkey in any recipes that call for beef or chicken. Its alot easier to make spagetti or chili or even hamburgers from ground turkey. The more lean the more spices you want to add.
  • starspecks
    starspecks Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When I make a turkey burger sometimes I stuff a laughing cow lite cheese wedge in the center and bake it on 350 until done. It is soooo good!! I serve mine on sandwich thin. Speaking of sandwich thins.... mmm mmm mmm place a large portabella mushroom cap in an oven safe dish top with ground turkey and bake until burger is done then top with swiss just long enough to melt.. It's so good!

I'm going to try this!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I usually mix ground turkey with 1 grated zucchini, 1 grated carrot, 1/2 a chopped purple onion, an egg and about 1/4 cup of pesto, then make it into patties (I pan cook them with virgin coconut oil). If you stick to small patties it makes about 20. All three of my kids and even my red meat and potatoes husband LOVE them. I usually eat them for lunch during the week.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    These all look good!
  • lucasnjewels
    lucasnjewels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Look on skinnytaste.com for her Turkey Chili Taco soup recipe! It's wonderful!
  • shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Ranch turkey burgers are amazing. Only problem is they are high in sodium if you watch that. Just mix a packet of dry ranch dressing mix in with your ground turkey and cook as you would a hamburger. They are so flavorful that I can eat them without a bun or condiments and be satisfied. Kid friendly too!
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been making lean (either 93% or 99%) turkey sloppy joes. I add one pound of turkey, one can of light campbell's chicken gumbo soup, squirt of ketchup, a little mustard, and onion (If I've got it in the fridge). There is so much variation in sloppy joes, so I'm constantly tweaking the recipe with different ideas.
  • Catjag
    Catjag Posts: 107
    Options
    1 package of lean ground turkey
    1 package of dry Ranch dip
    Grated Parmesan to taste

Mix them together, bake like a meatloaf, turn into hamburgers or cook ground up and serve with brown rice and a veg. Easy, delicious and kids love it.
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    bump