I don't get the American guys

Options

Replies

• dizzycoolbabe
    dizzycoolbabe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's called being American... (sorry - I'm a Brit and I'm teasing because I have some wonderful - non-dramatic American friends)
  • QuietStatic
    Options
    This!!!
    My experience:

-People who quickly tell you about how "drama free" they are usually end up being the biggest drama-queens. People who are actually drama free don't even say anything about it because it doesn't cross their mind.

RED FLAGS THAT WOMEN SAY:

-I don't normally do this!!! (right before flashing people or making out with another woman, etc) (basically, it means you do this all the time and this is your way of justifying it by saying you don't do it often)

-I hate drama! (self explanatory....you love drama)

-I don't get along with other women, only men! (other girls don't like you because you're either busy trying to steal their boyfriends/husbands or you have a *****y attitude)

That's my experience. I could be wrong.....actually, I know I'm not wrong.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I'm a Brit and the men here don't do enough drama!

EDIT: I know sometimes people get offended on here and in all fairness, I actually tend to like the British ethos of reservation!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My experience:

-People who quickly tell you about how "drama free" they are usually end up being the biggest drama-queens. People who are actually drama free don't even say anything about it because it doesn't cross their mind.

-I don't normally do this!!! (right before flashing people or making out with another woman, etc) (basically, it means you do this all the time and this is your way of justifying it by saying you don't do it often)

-I don't get along with other women, only men! (other girls don't like you because you're either busy trying to steal their boyfriends/husbands or you have a *****y attitude)

100% Agree!!!
    I could so comment all over this post but let's just say that yeah, this is my experience too
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Well this isn't going to cause drama... :p

But serously, I'm a Brit and I tend to find that some people on here just do not get sarcasm, and that starts a bit of drama. Maybe it's a British thing?
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options

But serously, I'm a Brit and I tend to find that some people on here just do not get sarcasm, and that starts a bit of drama. Maybe it's a British thing?

Yeah, British humour falls flat so often... but I'd keep my dry sense of humour over in-your-face slapstick every time!
  • shanighias
    shanighias Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My experience:

:)
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options

I have found this as well
  • beskimoosh
    Options

I have found this as well

I'm so glad it's not just me... maybe we should run classes for them?
  • beskimoosh
    Options

Yeah, British humour falls flat so often... but I'd keep my dry sense of humour over in-your-face slapstick every time!

EDIT: sorry for posting twice in a row, I'm an idiot :)
    Snap! Mind you, someone falling over is ALWAYS funny.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    BEWARE HIGHER MATH FOLLOWS
    fact: people falling down is funny
    fact: midgets are always funny
    conclusion: Time Bandits is the funniest movie of all time, as it features approximately 90 minutes of midgets falling down.
  • Fred77
    Fred77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I agree pretty much with this. I think the British/Irish sense of humour gets lost on many on here. the sarcasm and irony often gets missed entirely and then the drama starts. There are many huge cultural differences and you can usually tell whether a person is American by the way they post. In saying that, i have some very funny switched on American friends on here too.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have moderated myself on these boards so often as I thought, nah, they won't get it and get all offended. I think I actually DID offend a friend of mine by using sarcasm on a blog comment, I think she may have thought I was making fun of her (I really wasn't).

I've learned that - the stereotype of Americans not getting sarcasm and irony (which I used to think was bs) is actually no stereotype at all! More a truism.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    If not for drama, I'd have to occupy myself with actually doing my work.
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness for those level-headed Canadian guys, or this place would be a madhouse!
    Oh no, Canadian men are the same way :P
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is just American guys.... I don't think it is just guys either. I find that everyone seems to love drama these days. It is frustrating to deal with!
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Can't we pin this on the trollers of EVERY website? lol
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    RangerSteve hit the nail on the head.

Whenever you see someone start a thread complaining about all the drama they find it's because they just finished CAUSING a bunch of drama and now they need to continue it in a public thread.

Don't blame American men. It's probably just you.
  • shanilachish
    shanilachish Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Why do they love making such a big drama out of everything all the time?
    What is it here about drama?

Hehe, irony for $100, Alex.
    Alex? How did you know?
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My experience:

Your so not wrong lol! So very TRUE!!!!