ALMOST NAKED PICTURES - A debriefing

Options

Replies

• MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what this is all about and am not bothered enough to find out but, would just like to say...nice bod there, well done :wink:
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I've had a look and although it was very obviously a bit of attention seeking, I still don't agree with society's 'mob culture' approach to everything. I think you got an unfair grilling and as it went on more people jumped on the bandwagon.

Maybe think about how it comes across to the less empathic of audiences next time before posting. Because no one fell out the lemon tree, we know you posted it because you're body confident (which, by the way, is great:)
  • BazAbroad
    Options
    There are too many idiots in the world, and a lot of those take themselves too seriously.
    I used to love to run, but have that many injuries that all I can do these days is jog so I do weights instead.
    We all can't do what we want, we just have to do the best with what we have.
    If your doing that, your a success...
  • machinegunkate
    machinegunkate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys n gals. I know most of the MFP community is supportive - its just a shame the minority make the rest of us look bad.
    I was worried about adding photos of myself as I feel terribly uncomfortable and am only at the start of my journey. I certainly won't be adding any now.

This is exactly the reason why I started this thread - Not because I was bothered but because I want people like you to feel comfortable here. I hope the responses here have given you a little more confidence to share your photos when you are ready,

Hang on a sec, you posted a joke thread in the fitness forum, when it should have been in chit chat & games. And honestly, if you're going to joke around like that with a full length pic of yourself claiming near-nakedness and an injury as an attention-seeking device then you have to expect some comments where people were going to nit-pick at you. I think that would have happened to absolutely anyone had they posted that, and I can't see how you couldn't have seen that coming.

If what you say is true that you want people to feel comfortable here with posting pics, then you wouldn't have posted this thread that highlights the fact that you were poked fun at. This thread is more discouraging than that one! Not once have I seen a mean comment in a genuine/serious posting of pics in a thread about someone's progress or success. Ever. Comments have always been very supportive and encouraging in the many I have seen.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I think you look great (and indeed hot), you've made amazing progress, and body hair is far more masculine and attractive that shaved or waxed like some of the meat-heads round here!

This!!!
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Okay I have 2 points to make;

1. As I said in the other post, the mean comments are caused by jealousy for the amount of women who saved that pic to their computer.

and

2. Again, disappointed with the content of this post.. I was disappointed about too many clothes in the last post and as this one said "de-briefing" I hoped it would be a more naked one.
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Okay I have 2 points to make;

1. As I said in the other post, the mean comments are caused by jealousy for the amount of women who saved that pic to their computer.

and

2. Again, disappointed with the content of this post.. I was disappointed about too many clothes in the last post and as this one said "de-briefing" I hoped it would be a more naked one.

LOLLING at this!!!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    PS - you also handled that thread really well. You were funny. That made them look even more like tools.

Dude, I posted in yesterdays thread, only slightly mocking. :wink: You have to admit you were going for the comedic angle. Had you posted simply as a Success Story I can almost guarantee you would have had different responses. But like Jane said ^^ you handles it well!

However some did take it too far, so let me say GREAT JOB! You accomplished a lot!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    PS - you also handled that thread really well. You were funny. That made them look even more like tools.

Dude, I posted in yesterdays thread, only slightly mocking. :wink: You have to admit you were going for the comedic angle. Had you posted simply as a Success Story I can almost guarantee you would have had different responses. But like Jane said ^^ you handles it well!

However some did take it too far, so let me say GREAT JOB! You accomplished a lot!

I agree with this myself.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I didn't post yesterday because you weren't naked enough. :wink:

But you look great. And I personally prefer a hairy dude who's comfortable being hairy over a guy who's going to steal my Daisy razors. Especially as unclogging drains is a duty that falls on me. It's bad enough snaking my own hair out of p-trap. :tongue:
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Dude, I posted in yesterdays thread, only slightly mocking. You have to admit you were going for the comedic angle

Yeah - there were some pretty funny responses in there too... I especially liked the request for 'bubble bath and pipe by fire' pics.
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I liked the post- I think some people didn't get it (maybe in was too much British humour? (ducks down) I also think you look great, well done!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    <
    see what I am wearing there? You *****ing about people giving you crap in the other thread is about the same as me wearing that out then *****ing because no one is looking me in the eyes. I missed yesterdays thread but they were nice shorts.
    Can I ask why if you are working at the hotel you are running around almost naked at work? Are you a gigalo?
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Deal with it." Me
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    <
    see what I am wearing there? You *****ing about people giving you crap in the other thread is about the same as me wearing that out then *****ing because no one is looking me in the eyes.

You have eyes?
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    DieVixen... I was trying to read your post but all I could do was look at your picture.

Something about hotels and gigalos? I'ld love to say that that was the case but it was simply an evening run, followed by a swim, followed by strutting around my room like an idiot and posting about it on the internet.

I travel a lot with work - software consultancy - I try not to talk about it because people tend to fall asleep.

Anyway, thinking about what the difference was between the offensive and the funny comments. I've concluded that people making of the situation, choice of pose, pathetic of the injury etc were fine.

People who thought I was attention whoring were correct, but didn't get the joke.

People who felt the need to insult the way I looked were being rude - especially in the context of this site.

What do you think?
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    I should also add that there are a lot of awfully hot women responding on this thread. Thank you all for being part of my life :)
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Some hot guys as well... but you're just competition ;)
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    DieVixen... I was trying to read your post but all I could do was look at your picture.

Something about hotels and gigalos? I'ld love to say that that was the case but it was simply an evening run, followed by a swim, followed by strutting around my room like an idiot and posting about it on the internet.

I travel a lot with work - software consultancy - I try not to talk about it because people tend to fall asleep.

Anyway, thinking about what the difference was between the offensive and the funny comments. I've concluded that people making of the situation, choice of pose, pathetic of the injury etc were fine.

People who thought I was attention whoring were correct, but didn't get the joke.

People who felt the need to insult the way I looked were being rude - especially in the context of this site.

What do you think?

Ok I went back and skimmed over the thread,alot of it was just funny,and some might have been pushing it.But you did handle it very well which is awesome because a whole lot of people on this site have no sense of humor.
    And by the way that was just a scratch lol my hubby gets worse ones in naughty naughty boom boom time:laugh:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options

Mmm, DieVixen has a most impressive...name, very er distracting.

Mike, I'd like to thank you for both threads. I enjoy your humour, particularly the visual you offered above - I adore those able to find the humour in themselves as well as sharing it with others.

Great job on your progress.