Tea ideas..pretty please :)

Options
124»

Replies

• saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tea...always have an have happily gotten my mom into it, and she's also a tea junkie now! I have a lot of tea in the house....

Lipton: honey green tea and orange passion fruit mango green tea
    Stash: Chai
    Celestial Seasonings: chamomile and green tea super antioxidant
    Tazo: passion fruit (holy cow this is great as an iced tea during the summer! I keep a pitcher around at all times)
    Twinnings: Irish & English Breakfast, Lady Grey and Earl Grey
    Traditional Medicinals: peppermint (great for unhappy tummy), cold care
    TEAVANA!!! Love this place...hands down fave is the white ayurvedic chai, spice of life white is pretty good, cha yen thai is awesome, my morning mate and javavana mate are great replacements to coffee...if I had a lot of cash laying around I'd have a lot more tea from this place!
    Thanks to those that suggested Republic of Tea-I'm requesting my catalog now!

Editing to add that I've enjoyed every Yogi Tea I've tried as well :)
  • missfayefaye
    Options
    Twinnings English Breakfast and Bigelow Green Tea. Twinning's Darjeeling is wonderfully dark and strong and is amazing with a bit of milk and sugar. For a light nutty tea, I would get Genmai-cha (I buy Takaokaya brand) or sobacha.

I definitely recommend learning how to properly brew tea. I used to heat a cup of water in the microwave which is a big no-no. Heat is super important! You will discover that it makes a world of difference getting a teapot and an electric kettle.

Here are the directions:
    1. Fill your electric kettle all the way up and bring to boil.
    2 Pour some boiling water into your teapot or cup and swirl the water around to get it nice and hot. Toss the water out.
    3. Then flip the kettle on again to boil. This is the important step
    4. Place your tea bags in your teapot/cup, and as soon as your kettle is boiling, IMMEDIATELY pour the water into your teapot
    5. Allow to brew for 2 minutes.

enjoy!!