Looking for more friends 35 or older

Options
Hello all! I'm wanting too add more friends who are 35 and older male and female.. I am 38 years old and I wish EVERYONE success on their weight loss journies, but it's something about the age 35 where the metabolism SLOOOOOWWWWWWSSSS down and weight loss is alittle harder compared to the young vibrate 20-30 year olds! Just needing more ideas and conversation with people closer to my age and older. Good luck to all!

Replies

• Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Me too!

Things do change...that's for sure!
  • bailamulata
    Options
    hevenn... you are soooo right... I am 38yr old female and I keep on reminiscing about how when I was 25 or even 30 I could just lose 10lbs in a week if I wanted to... metabolism is probably one of our biggest challenges... from the many we must already have just by being a whole decade older :wink:

Victoria.. I would have never guessed you to be 35 or older.. you look incredible!
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am in.... feeling the years when working out for sure... I just started though so I do hope that it will get better after a couple of weeks
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 36. Feel free to add me.
  • monainmn
    monainmn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just turned 49 and you are so right about things slowing down!!! It is possible to have success even at 49, so far I am down 54 pounds since mid august :). You can do this!!! Add me if you like :D
  • trackerrtom64
    Options
    Just turned 48! Time seems to be the biggest constraint as I get older. Feel free to add me.
  • CMXL
    CMXL Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Me too. I am 41 and just started on MFP and would love some friends/support.
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have just turned 49 and it does get harder to lose weight the older you get. I was afraid I wouldn't lose anything so didn't try for ages, but I am happy say I have lost about 27 pounds so far :)
  • darylinny
    Options
    I'm 37 (turning 38 this year. Totally know what you mean about the "slower" results as the age goes up. Feel free to add me!
  • Volleyballgal
    Volleyballgal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. I'm 53. Spend a lot of time sitting in front of the computer or in the gym or on a volleyball court. Good luck to everyone. My one piece of advise for those of us losing weight, don't look at the big picture. Think about it in five-pound increments! :)
  • gagey1
    Options
    I hear you, I am 37 and especially after I quit smoking the weight packed on. Good luck everyone! With a lot of hard work we can all achieve the numbers we want to be at :bigsmile:
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    At 55, my metabolism is at a standstill!
  • Mellymel46
    Options
    I am 46 and have been battling this for twenty years it seems. This time I feel very confident that I will succeed. It's almost scary how determined I am to do this, this time around. Add me if you like.
  • sue66lpn
    Options
    At 45 I celebrate every ounce I drop! I am finding that I have to do a lot of activity to kick my metabolism into gear. The older we get the harder it will be, so let's do it now...and do it for good!
  • Hevenn
    Hevenn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Great! See that's what I'm talking about, adding you now....GLAD too meet ya!
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    hevenn... you are soooo right... I am 38yr old female and I keep on reminiscing about how when I was 25 or even 30 I could just lose 10lbs in a week if I wanted to... metabolism is probably one of our biggest challenges... from the many we must already have just by being a whole decade older :wink:

Victoria.. I would have never guessed you to be 35 or older.. you look incredible!

Haha I LOVE YOU! :bigsmile:
    Soon to be 48..I'm trying to make 50 the new 30...have a couple of years to accomplish that!:laugh:
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Am 40.

Have to say I have been at same weight for nearly all my life, but put on extra stone when I met the love of my life:smile:

I never found it easy to lose weight. I think will-power is a greater liability to weight loss, more so than age, though am sure many others are different to me.

(still, feel more tired now than I did when younger)
  • fhacker
    Options
    I'm 45. When I was 39 I decided I needed to get in shape and drop the weight that had been slowly adding up over the previous decade. I lost about 50 pounds over the next year and a half. Now it's a matter of maintaining and while there have been ups and downs since then I've managed to stay in the healthy range which I'm happy with. It does require constant vigilance though, it's so easy for the weight to creep back on. Feel free to add me.
  • dlogan762
    Options
    Hey I just joined. I'll be 37 next month. Loosing weight has been so hard for me. But it's easier with friends. Count me in.
  • vonnie1707
    Options
    I am 46 and just joined today, feel free to add me :smile: :smile: