• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

Your wife is a lucky lady.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    That is really sweet. I have a husband like that and consider myself really lucky. Thanks for sharing.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Glad you appreciate it. I hope you take it to heart, too!
  • inr0myr
    inr0myr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's very sweet. My husband said the same thing to me when I broke into tears last few weeks because I don't like my body. For Asian standard, I am always overweight. I started MFP recently. I want to be a better wife, for him.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    That's very sweet. My husband said the same thing to me when I broke into tears last few weeks because I don't like my body. For Asian standard, I am always overweight. I started MFP recently. I want to be a better wife, for him.

Being a better wife has nothing to do with weight, though. Nor being a better husband. Everyone should love their partner, and that'll take care of the rest.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    That was awesome.
  • MissJenova
    Options
    "So go out thinking you're Marilyn Monroe or something. Why not? To someone, you are."

Love that, thanks! And all those statements reflect right back to the guys too. Except.....I don't recommend going out thinking you're Marilyn Monroe (unless that's your thing) :wink:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    "So go out thinking you're Marilyn Monroe or something. Why not? To someone, you are."

Love that, thanks! And all those statements reflect right back to the guys too. Except.....I don't recommend going out thinking you're Marilyn Monroe (unless that's your thing) :wink:

Can it be James Dean? Because I wouldn't mind that.
  • inr0myr
    inr0myr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Indeed. A good wife/ husband is not defined by physical appearance. However, losing 35lbs (my goal) will definitely make me healthier so I can spend more time doing activities (outdoorsy which he loves) with my husband. I want to be fit and set a good example to my future children.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    thank you! :)

Edited to add, my husband says those things, but its nice to hear from someone else's husband too. That way i know its not his rose colored glasses either :)
  • simplyychaos
    Options
    Thank you so much for that. You have no idea how much I needed to hear something like that lately.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Boy, I needed to hear that today! Thank you!!
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    Welcome, all! Big pink hearts for womenkind. :)
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

Your wife is a lucky lady.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    :)
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    bump. Apparently this helped more than I expected!