Options
    Great post! Thank you so much!
  • janetmorgan23
    Options
    Wow very encouraging! I certainly feel better! Thanks.:happy:
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Awesome Post!!! I believe you have helped a lot of people who were ready to give up....
    Thanks for sharing!!!
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!!! I think I'm going to go home and take some measurements...other than on the scale. I've been meaning to do that anyway since the clothes are fitting differently but the scale isn't budging. And while I'd love to look like some hot piece of *kitten*, as long as I'm healthy, I'm happy. THANK YOU!!!
  • newme201213
    newme201213 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    this is sooo good..
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I needed that today! :)
  • dr3am3r
    dr3am3r Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    thanks for this!!!!! Your so right!
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    Thank you. You've said a lot in that post and I appreciate it. God bless!
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Gee and here I am think that it is just cause I eat to much :)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Well said! Thanks for the reminder.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I agree that weight is not everything. I would like to abandon the goal that MFP has put in for me and say that my goal is to have a 28" waist.

I've been doing this for about 7 weeks now and haven't lost a gram which is puzzling more than disheartening as I know I look better. It's annoying when people think that if you just did x,y or z then you would definitely lose the weight. a lot of posters think you must be doing something wrong if you're not losing weight. You can be doing it all right and still not lose weight. I am not 'overweight' but I am not fashionably slim either. It's pretty tough to lose weight at that point.
  • MsJoyceNTX
    Options
    This is an awesome post! Thank's for sharing!
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    AWESOME post!!!
  • plumnbagel
    plumnbagel Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thank you - that's really important advice (and inspiring too)!
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great post. Supportive and no nonsense at same time.

I never realised the 'effort' it would take to lose weight. I tried reducing portion sizes several times, but my metabolism usually drops to reflect this, and nothing happens.

I ended up going to an organised weight loss thingy, before coming here, which I really needed, to get me moving and putting in painful effort the first few weeks. But then you adjust and the effort becomes more enjoyable, and you start to miss your exercise if you dont do it. Or feel horribly 'giddy' if you eat too much in the evening on a hungry day. i.e. what used to feel good, doesnt feel good anymore

Its alot about re-training your bad habits, committing to a change in lifestyle.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    VERY WELL SAID! THANKS for the reminder! :happy:
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    Bravo!! Well said!! Well put! Here, here!!! Love it!!
  • chickenpie20
    Options
    Yes! I have to remember this all the time! Thank you! Focus on the journey, which is always long when you are changing a major area of your life!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, great post! I see people asking these questions all the time and I think everyone just needs to give your post a good read :)
  • carrollel
    carrollel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i was feeling down and at a loss today and reading this reminded me why im part of MFP. thanks.