Confused About Protein Shakes?

Options
124»

Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I've heard it was 25. The problem with these types of statements is that they begin with "I've heard".
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like the shakes with powders and want to focus on healthy weight loss and not on building muscle. I have shakes with Greek yogurt! It's very good for you and full of protein!

This is my recipe:

1 cup of natural liberty Greek yogurt
    1 cup of frozen fruit (your choice)
    1 medium banana
    1\3 cup of cranberry or orange juice

Blend and voila!
    325 calories
    21 g of protein
    0 fat
    Drinking a powder form of protein is not going to make you bulk up with muscle. You do have to actually work at such a thing. It's only going to help you from LOSING lean muscle.

+1 Protein does not make you bulk up it just helps you recover and keep the muscle tissue you have. Additionally, it is virtually impossible for anyone to "bulk up" while in calorie defecit much less a woman without the the help of testosterone. Guys who want to bulk up pretty much can't do it in calorie deficit and it takes work and dedication and dietary discipline when eating to try to do it. The whole "women bulking up" myth has to be right up there on the list of most often repeated myths on this kind of forum.
  • katiew00t
    Options
    If you're "pissing out" protein, you need to see a doctor. this is not normal. or accurate.