Thoughts On Planet Fitness?

Options
12346»

Replies

• seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    My boyfriend and I joined and I've been the main one going. I don't think we have a lunk alarm at mine because a lot of people make noise and I'm fairly sure I set the weights down too hard a lot
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I think the grunting thing is a sliding scale... "mmrph" is totally fine. "HHHRRRNNNEEEYYYYAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!" not so much.

Tongue in cheek here, but really, for those who are very serious about fitness and take offense to the "no lunks" identity PF has, it seems to me that those rules are just based on providing a supportive, low-stress environment for people who are intimidated by gyms and gym-goers.

I've been a member for a while now, and I have never, ever seen the lunk alarm go off. Actually, until reading this thread I thought lunk meant dropping weights. Like it was a sort of emergency alarm if someone or weighs hit the ground too hard...I think the atmosphere and attitude towards weight lifting depends on the individual gym. In my area we don't have much of a gym selection, so there's a pretty good mix of weight lifters and cardio bunnies and everyone in between. My PF seems pretty forgiving towards grunting- I certainly grunt when lifting!
  • heidihurl
    heidihurl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Planet (Fatness) Fitness!!! It's my get away.... don't have to worry about anything there.. The workers are nice, it's clean... Great place for the money!
  • sleeknight
    sleeknight Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am very happy with Planet Fitness, I go three times a week strictly for the "Relaxation" area using the tanning, hydromassage bed, and massage chair. I am an old senior not interested in losing any weight although it would be good for my old knees but I love to EAT and RELAX after working for some 45 years. I maintain a good tan using their tanning machine since it only operates for 9 minutes maximum. Been going for two years so far. After this I go to another gym to use the spa/swim spa for aquatic exercises. Between the two I have a great time three times a week. I have a stationary bike at home and just yesterday bought one of those massage chairs for home. PF has been so nice and clean during this covid time, it is greatly appreciated. I am just really pleased with the effects of both gyms and very happy with all of their equipment.