Krabby Patty recipe

Options
shady1987dre
shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
Here's an 'official' Krabby Patty recipe from Nick.com. This is the ones you can eat:

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
2 tbsp. finely chopped celery
4-6 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. thyme
1 lb. frozen imitation crabmeat, (defrosted and finely chopped in a food processor)
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. mayonnaise (plus 1 cup for dipping sauce)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt and pepper (to taste)
3 tbsp. ketchup (for dipping sauce)

Directions:
Step 1 - Sauté the onions and celery in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the thyme, lower the heat, and cook until the onions are translucent.

Step 2 - In a large bowl combine the crabmeat, sautéed onions and celery, bread crumbs, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, egg, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.

Step 3 - Shape into rounds by using a small ice cream scoop, then gently pat flat.

Step 4 - Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Working in batches (2 to 3 crab cakes at a time) place the crab cakes in a skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. You may need to add more oil for the second and third batches.

Step 5 - Preheat the oven to 400°F. Transfer the crab cakes to the baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. The crab cakes can be kept in a warm oven for approximately 30 minutes, or they may be reheated at serving time. Serve with a kid-friendly dipping sauce. Mix 1 cup of mayonnaise with 3 tablespoons of ketchup.

Step 6 - Put the crab cakes in sesame seed buns,pickles, lettuce, patty, tomato, sauce,and another bun.

Replies

• hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I love crab meat, but I think that would be absolutely fantastic as a turkey burger or a salmon burger!!
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Here are some thoughts on this recipe:

My son (a SpongeBob fan) will love this recipe.

Someone really made a recipe for a Krabby Patty? Wow.

Bump.
  • shady1987dre
    Options
    This is real i was cleaning out a old hard dive on a old computer and found this! It was posted on nick.com about 6 years ago!
  • kristi_asco
    Options
    lmao i can't believe they actually have a real recipe for them!!!
  • shady1987dre
    Options
    Secret-Krabby-Patty-Formula.gif

It looked like this or something!

(sorry about the size im only good with html not this bbcode stuff)
  • pipipu
    Options
    My kids love. Sponge ,,will give it a try than ks for posting.:-) wow
  • shady1987dre
    Options
    IMG-5350.jpg

IMG-0853-%281%29.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    Here's an 'official' Krabby Patty recipe from Nick.com. This is the ones you can eat:

Ingredients:
    2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
    2 tbsp. finely chopped celery
    4-6 tbsp. vegetable oil
    1 tsp. thyme
    1 lb. frozen imitation crabmeat, (defrosted and finely chopped in a food processor)
    3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
    1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
    2 tbsp. mayonnaise (plus 1 cup for dipping sauce)
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    Salt and pepper (to taste)
    3 tbsp. ketchup (for dipping sauce)

Directions:
    Step 1 - Sauté the onions and celery in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the thyme, lower the heat, and cook until the onions are translucent.

Step 2 - In a large bowl combine the crabmeat, sautéed onions and celery, bread crumbs, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, egg, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.

Step 3 - Shape into rounds by using a small ice cream scoop, then gently pat flat.

Step 4 - Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Working in batches (2 to 3 crab cakes at a time) place the crab cakes in a skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. You may need to add more oil for the second and third batches.

Step 5 - Preheat the oven to 400°F. Transfer the crab cakes to the baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. The crab cakes can be kept in a warm oven for approximately 30 minutes, or they may be reheated at serving time. Serve with a kid-friendly dipping sauce. Mix 1 cup of mayonnaise with 3 tablespoons of ketchup.

Step 6 - Put the crab cakes in sesame seed buns,pickles, lettuce, patty, tomato, sauce,and another bun.
    I'd totally eat this!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Add food coloring and you've got yourself a "Pretty Patty"!

PrettyPatties.jpg
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious! I will have to try it out!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Bump...anyone know the calories on this? (yes, I know I can figure it out, but feeling lazy)
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • mrsred79
    Options
    HA!! That's awesome! I'll have to make these sometime for my family. My DS is a big time SBSP fan. I don't know if he'd actually eat a crabby patty. But that's ok. More for me. ;)
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Looks good!
  • shady1987dre
    Options
    Bump...anyone know the calories on this? (yes, I know I can figure it out, but feeling lazy)
    I got with a bun 315 calories But i think that is wrong, but thats what i logged it as! (I used the recipe thing here but logged some stuff wrong so idk)
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, you are not lazy!!! You have done a tremendous amount of work and dedication to accomplish your weight loss! Congratulations iddreams!
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    bump.. definatelly coming back to this.. I looove Sponge Bob :)
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Mos Def will be giving this a try!
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    IM TELLING MR. KRABS ON YOU!!!!!!!!