Where do you run?

Options
13»

Replies

• xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    During the week at the gym on the treadmill but on the weekend along the beach.

You can pretty much guarantee that when people do see you running they will be thinking only positive thoughts.
  • anna_love
    Options
    treadmill 30 MINS EVERYDAY OUTSIDE 20 :)
  • cjones0992
    cjones0992 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Outside. I love being able to look back and think "Damn! Look how far I ran!!!!!" I don't like treadmills.

I'm doing C25K and loving it. Just finished Week 5 run 3 tonight actually. I did it in the cold, misty weather. Made me feel like a warrior.
  • ginamcoyle
    Options
    I run outside, Im lucky and live where there is a lovely path by the river.

Don't be worried about how you look while running! You are doing something amazing and others have no room to judge. I adore the couch to 5k program, on week 5 and am already running close to 3 miles!

Ultimately, its your choice, do what makes you most comfortable, try both!

Good luck on your running adventures!

Wow! Thats incredible, I want to start running as well. I used that program for a little while but I didn't stick with it unfortunately :/
  • buckystars
    buckystars Posts: 129 Member
    Options

For the record: You're never "too big" to run or walk outside. If people judge you for exercising- *kitten* 'em. You're doing the right thing for you. You should be applauded for taking the initiative and getting out there. Don't worry about what you think other people think about you. Do what makes you happy and healthy.

:flowerforyou:

This. All of this. I started running 12 weeks ago at 223 and am now 201 and can run 2 miles straight. It doesn't seem like a lot compared to marathon runners but I could barely run 1 minute 12 weeks ago.

Just run. Don't wait until you've lost weight because this is how you'll lose the weight! :)