I ate heathy and no weight loss this week :(

Options
13»

Replies

• loria508
    loria508 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    All our bodies change and lose different. I only lost 2.5 lbs in 2 months, but lost 3 1/2 inches off my hips and 1 1/2 off my thighs! Muscle does weigh more than fat, get out your tape measure!! Also Weight Watchers is a great program, but now I know why it didn't work for me, I need a tape measure more than a scale. Dont play the head game with the scale anymore, good luck :smile:
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    It doesn't happen every week for many factors. I can go weeks stuck on a weight then boom I 'm dropping pounds every day for 10 days or more. Its like the stock market. It has to be a long term investment subject to fluctuations. Some weeks nothing appears to happen but your body may be adjusting and about to make a move. Stay the course.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    If you understand basic physiology you'll know that eating below what you expend means you wont gain weight...to a point.

Your body does fluctuate daily.
    we drink fluids and eat food and hormones change and we may not drink enough water but were on high protein diets so were constipated and haven't dropped a deuce in 3 days do you get my point?

Hide the ****ing scale, break out the tape and you'll stop driving yourself crazy.

=D

Hugs!
  • amesie425
    Options
    So, I've been a member of MFP for a month now and someone needs to invent a new word for when one is feeling beyond frustrated. The first week here, I didn't lose anything. Not a shocker because I didn't have a food scale or the right foods in the house. Second week, ordered healthy foods, bought a food scale, became serious about doing this, and GAINED 4 ibs. Someone said that I had probably gained the lbs. from what I had eaten the week before so I didn't get discouraged. Sure enough, week three I lost the 4 lbs. I had gained. I was so excited about today's weigh-in as I figured this would be my break-though week and my little ladybug would finally start creeping along my scale. Another disappointment! I didn't lose an ounce.! After a month, I am STILL at the weight I started. I have counted, measured, and weighed my foods, making sure I do not go over my allotment of calories, fats, and carbs. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked at your diary and I would add more lean meats, less carbs and less sugar. The less processed food the better, try eating more veggies, and fruit. It matters what type of nutrients you are giving your body.
  • sarahgloria115
    Options
    Another aspect besides loosing weight...is being healthy! You said you ate healthy...so i hope u ate vegetables, lean proteins, things ur body needs to provide u with best nutrition for ur brain heart and organs....even skinny people aren't all healthy inside..and thats what keeps us "going" for the long haul...i hate when the scale doesn't move or does in the wrong direction. and i DO NOT have a perfect diary everyday...but remember u are doing something good for yourself and that too is a reward of this!!! keep it up we are here to support you and listen to you...keep putting in the work the scale witll follow eventually!!!