30 Day shred, gained weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• steinzeit
    Options
    it happened to me too. I am on day 7 and I take it now easier and have resting days in between. I think you're body goes into shock mode if you aren't used to heavy muscle building exercises. Retaining the water to help muscle tissue repair and all that. I've read a lot about it on google and it has put my mind at ease. I have lost inches from my waist and belly which is a good sign and the clothes fit better. But I do agree that the figures on te scale drive me crazy and can send me in a bad mood. Silly ey ?
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Maybe you gained muscle and lost inches.. Have you measured yourself??

In 5 days? No
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I've gained weight too! I'm in Day 3 and I'm up by about 3 pounds. But I look better and I've already had one or two compliments... So I guess something is going right... :)

After 3 days? I'm doubtful your body has changed that much in 3 days
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    It's water weight. Give it a couple weeks :)

Oh, and PLEASE take pictures! They'll show you the truth.
  • lirirod
    lirirod Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I would say it's muscle but it has been 5 days i doubt it plus level one is really easy. I say is water weight..Drink plenty of water. Also when you weigh yourself try to do it at the same time usually in the morning is better and on the same scale. Our weight tends to fluctuate between 3 to 5 pounds, it can also be due to your period.