getting serious

Options
I have decided to get serious about losing weight and getting in shape. I don't want to be super thin, just healthier and in a smaller pants size. I don't want to keep putting it off either, which means I am doing this on my own because my friends, though I love them, are not there yet. By the end I want to be healthier and hopefully walking better. I have cerebral palsy, and I believe as I get stronger, my walking and flexibility will improve.

Any advise is appreciated. Just want this to be fun and not a chore, because when I get bored, I stop.

Replies

• Ydrgn
    Ydrgn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi congrats on getting serious about losing. Its always just setting your mind to it and taking it day by day. My best friendalso has cerebal palsy and she too struggles with her weight, but dont we all. Hope u the best and good luck on this long and winding journey :0)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Move everyday, as much as you can. Strength train, even if you are only using small hand weights. Log everything you eat. Weigh / measure your portions. Don't stress if you go over a little or have a bad day & go over a lot. Back on track the next day. Each day you eat well & get some exercise you will feel better & want to continue. Measure yourself, don't use only the scale to judge your progress. Make some friends here on mfp for support! !!

Good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Just take one day at a time, the first week is the worst but once you get past that it is easier! Log everything, dont give in to your mind telling you that its not worth it! I HATE exercising but I found I like the wii games and I got an exercise bike that isnt to bad either! You can do it! feel free to add me for support, Im on everyday!
  • littlepint
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the challenge. Just take one day at a time. The first week is always the hardest. Once you get past that it is easier. Log everything. Logging all meals, snackes, exercise helps keep you on track. Be sure to drink lots of water throughout the day and plenty of protein for snacks. You can do it! feel free to add me for support.