5'7" Ladies, What is A Good Goal Weight?

Options

Replies

• TropicalSeaShell
    Options
    I believe that everybody will look different and its good to know your body shape. Ive seen girls that are my height and weight and look amazing...its weird lol. Anyways, i think 150 would be an excellent goal weight for you. :)

As for me I have been hovering around the 150's for the past 3 years trying to finally get my eating habits in order. I have always been able to work out 5, 6, even 7 days a week sometimes but my eating habits have held me back. Im currently 156 and my goal weight is 135. I would LOVE to wear a size 4 and even maybe squeeze into a size 2. A few years after high school I was my highest weight ever at 233 pounds. Its been a long journey since 2005! Right now I am doing Turbofire by Beachbody and I love it. Since the beginning of the year I have lost 16 pounds....12 in a month of Turbofire. :) I am also 5'7 and everyone says I dont need to lose wieght but I hate my belly and big arms. I am hoping to lose the last 20 pounds by the end of May. We will see how that goes. :) Good luck you can do it girl!!!! In case you are wondering, I am a 'pear' shape or 'triangle' shape. Usually women with this shape have great shoulders and legs but bad stomachs lol. Ok, thats all my info. Good luck again!

Shannon
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    135-155

I am 5'7" I weigh 145 and my goal weight is 135. But if I don't reach that goal I ain't gonna stress it. My main goal is to drop body fat and gain lean muscle mass.
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. I'm currently 173lb and ideally would like to be around 154 but only because I will be roughly a size 10-12 at that weight. I have always been 'heavy' for my height, even when I had a pretty decent size 10 figure!
  • dancingqueen2013
    dancingqueen2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'8 and currently 199. I would be over the moon to get to 160 and I think it would be low enough for me. I think age and frame has something to do with the weight you should be. As a teenager and in my 20's I always weighed between 135- I45 and I looked slim. I dont think I would look good nowadays at 140. I'm 43.
    I think I would even be happy to get down into a size 12- 14 comfortably unlike at present requiring a generous 16 (UK sizes).
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    It really depends on your frame. I'm around 5'7'' and my goal weight is 115 - 120 lbs, which some people may think is too small. However, for my frame it is fine.
  • MrsCheddies
    Options
    I am 5'7". When I got to 147 I looked ill; my goal is 154
  • skyeashlee
    skyeashlee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I was always told that your goal weight should be 100lbs plus 5lbs for every inch you are over 5ft.

So for example I'm 5ft 3, therefore its 100 + (3x5) = 115lbs.

I'm 133 at the moment and I think another 18 lbs off will suit me nicely :)
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    My goal weight was 155 lbs.
    I'm working out with a personal trainer for a year now, and seeing I lose more inches than lbs, I'm not sure this weight is still ok for me. I'm building muscles and toning up quite a lot, so that I might look too skinny at 155, and being 41 years old I don't need to look like a hungry girl anymore ;-)
    I still have that number in mind, but I might stop before I reach it.

MM
  • kmmachado
    Options
    I am small-framed and my goal weight is 125. Up until about 3 years ago I was always 120-122 pounds, but then I started eating out too much and got up to 148. I am now back down to 135, but I still want to lose another 10 pounds. I definitely think it depends on your frame size, though.
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you. That picture was taken on my Honeymoon in July 2011. I was probably just under 220 there. I've been told I carry my weight well, but I have a hard time believing that. I see every problem spot. It might be because I have an hourglass figure, even though it's kind of an expanded hourglass. :-P

I know how you feel. The hourglass shape is awesome when you're skinny, but a pain when you're overweight. I can't even wear shapewear or spanx because all it does is bunch at the narrow part of my waist.

I know what you mean! It bunches and squeezes in the waist so much it looks weird to wear them.
  • silvabelle89
    Options
    I'm 5'7'', 130 lbs. I feel great right now. I am very happy with my body. May push myself to lose 3-5 more pounds for summer, but I don't want to look too thin. I like having my boobs, and my *kitten* is in danger or disappearing as it is... When I started I was 157, my first goal was 135. You will find your happy when you get to it. Until then, set reachable goals so you don't get discouraged and when you reach them, reassess
  • Deebrack
    Deebrack Posts: 2
    Options
    I was looking up this very topic for women 5'7 and found that if u measure you wrist and then factor in your height u can determine if you have a small, medium, or large frame. I have large frame my wrist circumference is a seven. See livestrong.com. I hope this will help ladies looking for the right size.:wink:
  • sheril57
    sheril57 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am 5'7" and started here at 219, my goal is 165 but once I reach that goal, depending on how I look I may got to 150. I think starting in 160's is a good place then see how you feel once you reach that goal you may want to go lower.
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    I am just under 5'7" and in high school, I always fluctuated between 165 and 180!!! I was a little hippy, and about a size 11/12 juniors and a size 8 in women's....I thought I was big back then, but looking at my old photos (especially senior prom) I was quite thin!!! When I started going to RDs...they always set my goal weight at 175. I haven't seen 140-150lbs since I was about 11-12 years old lol so 175 is my major goal....my mini goal now is to be able to get under that 230lb mark!!! Sheesh!!!! lol
  • darce27dk
    darce27dk Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and weigh 168 right now. My goal is to be around 145-150 since I have an athletic frame. I am looking to lean and tone up and loose some body fat %. So I feel we are in the same boat!
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    Same here. Currently at 164 and having a tough time getting below 160. I hover between 164 and 161. Grrr! Once I get my eating under control, I'll be fine. Meanwhile, my goal is 145-150. I am 41 years old and also quite athletic. I love sports and move at least 4-5 times a week minimum. I eat back all my calories from sports.
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my goal is between 150 - 140 which was my pre twins weight but I'm weight training so I doubt I'll ever see those numbers on the scale.
  • dta4ever
    dta4ever Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree with what most people already posted. Set a number (say 160) and when you get there, reevaluate your situation. If you are happy with where you are, that's great. If not, set another goal of losing another 10-15 pounds. But I also think you need to worry less about what the number on the scale says and judge your success based on your happiness!
  • haleylehane
    haleylehane Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i am 5'6 and have a goal weight of 135lbs .... i have been told many things about this, some agreeing , some disagreeing. what i do know however is that i will know when i have reached my goal, be it more or less as i will be able to tell from my body not my scales. :) good luck with your journey and feel free to add should you want some extra motivation