Grr my boyfriend is pissing me off (work out vent)

Options
13»

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

LOL based on this thread's different responses, we can categorize everyone's significant other :laugh:
    [/quote]

My husband is an *kitten* but so am I we are completely honest and don't hold back regardless-- I remember one day I was eating something I know I shouldn't have been and him being a smart *kitten* says Oh My I hear the fat which was letting me know its not the best snacking idea and i put it down and we laugh- He also makes comments if I eat too much of something he will say Chunky Buns which I laugh about- But yes my husband makes jokes to give me that kick in the *kitten* I need but I appreciate it- Its alot better than him enabling me-

I even B*tched at him after I lost alot of weight because he never said Babe get your Fat *kitten* away from the fridge or told me I looked like a MOO COW his excuse was how do you tell someone that I said you just say it- To me when your in a serious relationship and in love it is your responsibilty to tell the person the truth regardless if it hurts or not-
    Also when I finally lost the weight and we looked at pics he said I looked like a Rhino with Two A$$es- Yes brutally honest and i don't care because trust me I am not easy on him for having trouble gaining weight or how he shams off in the gym (he is already very fit but I want him to have George St. Pierres body lol)
    I am not easy on him I don't want him to be easy on me- It motivates me and he is my biggest supporter since I started training- I can't have alot of the things that him and the kids eat for dinner- and he helps me stay on track when I want to stray from my meal plan..
    Everyone needs different kind of support some need there hand held and constant pats on the back- while others need a swift kick in the pants and someone to tell them like it is and not beat around the bush.
    And instead of pats on the backs they can look for jaws to drop as they transform their bodies
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

LOL based on this thread's different responses, we can categorize everyone's significant other :laugh:
    [/quote]

My husband is an *kitten* but so am I we are completely honest and don't hold back regardless-- I remember one day I was eating something I know I shouldn't have been and him being a smart *kitten* says Oh My I hear the fat which was letting me know its not the best snacking idea and i put it down and we laugh- He also makes comments if I eat too much of something he will say Chunky Buns which I laugh about- But yes my husband makes jokes to give me that kick in the *kitten* I need but I appreciate it- Its alot better than him enabling me-

I even B*tched at him after I lost alot of weight because he never said Babe get your Fat *kitten* away from the fridge or told me I looked like a MOO COW his excuse was how do you tell someone that I said you just say it- To me when your in a serious relationship and in love it is your responsibilty to tell the person the truth regardless if it hurts or not-
    Also when I finally lost the weight and we looked at pics he said I looked like a Rhino with Two A$$es- Yes brutally honest and i don't care because trust me I am not easy on him for having trouble gaining weight or how he shams off in the gym (he is already very fit but I want him to have George St. Pierres body lol)
    I am not easy on him I don't want him to be easy on me- It motivates me and he is my biggest supporter since I started training- I can't have alot of the things that him and the kids eat for dinner- and he helps me stay on track when I want to stray from my meal plan..
    Everyone needs different kind of support some need there hand held and constant pats on the back- while others need a swift kick in the pants and someone to tell them like it is and not beat around the bush.
    And instead of pats on the backs they can look for jaws to drop as they transform their bodies
    [/quote]

Uh oh. Am I dating your husband? :laugh:
  • mrsyac2
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol- I don't know is he not home right now cause he is in my living room watching tv :wink: :laugh: :laugh: -- If so I can send him your way-- lol I don't like what he is watching anyways
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Okay, if we all broke up with a guy who said something dumb and not supportive we would all be single! Just remind him that although it is nothing for him to run 1/2 hour its a great accomplishment for you and when you are sleek and sexy he is going to want to keep up.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Lol- I don't know is he not home right now cause he is in my living room watching tv :wink: :laugh: :laugh: -- If so I can send him your way-- lol I don't like what he is watching anyways
    [/quote]

Mine's not picking up his darn phone.

Holy crap.

Well, this explains a lot!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    double post
  • mrsyac2
    Options

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Mine's not picking up his darn phone.

Holy crap.

Well, this explains a lot!
    [/quote]

Here let me ask him if his phone is off lol
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    bunch a man haters

If he doesn't like the way she is, he needs to go on down the road! He needs to be truthful to her on what is really on his mind instead of criticizing her! Nobody needs to put up with that crap! She just need to make up her mind on what to do, before this gets out of hand!
    I am definetly not a man hater---I have been with my husband for 20 years.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    He sounds lovely. :indifferent:
    HA! :laugh: I love the face!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it all depends on what is acceptable in your relationship. I would not appreciate the rhino with two *kitten* comment. But if that's okay to you, then who am I to judge it?

the OP said that his comments were hurting her. she needs to speak up and let him know that his behavior doesn't work for her. then,once she has made it clear how she expects to be spoken to, if he persists in speaking in a way that she has clearly outlined as unacceptable, she has to consider how to respond.

my DH and I have many jokes that sound like outrageous insults. One of the funniest(to us) of these jokes involves my husband burning his face with hot sauce (better not to ask). We both think this is VERRRRY funny, and nobody is insulted. :laugh:

the bottom line is, it is up to the people in a relationship to define acceptable parameters. My friend Dr. Phil says you teach people how to treat you. It is true.

if the OP is unhappy with bf's behavior, she must tell him. silence=acceptance.

that is all.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    hold the dang phone here

the Op said she is on a diet one day and at McDonalds the next day

maybe the BF is tired of her playin at gettin in shape while he works out 5 hours a day

you guys are ready to hang this guy and its ok for the gal to be back and forth on whether she is on a diet or not?

bunch a man haters

first of all im not a man hater... just like every relationship everyone fights everyone doesnt like everything that there partner says and today i had it... i am usually the girl that lets people say what they want but today i did it...

WHO HERE HAS GOTTEN OFF A DIET? WHO JUST ONE DAY GAVE IN TO TEMPTATION?
    i think everyone has!
    so dont go calling people out on their character when ur not perfect either

Sheez!!! GIRL - you've got back bone!!! I love it. Now take that attitude and get rid of this guy.

Then get yourself into awesome shape, and find a great guy.

Whether he is a nice guy or not, if he is making you go "grrrr" (and I mean angry grrrr, not the good kind of grrrr) then move on. You are 19 - these are precious years of youth.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    it all depends on what is acceptable in your relationship. I would not appreciate the rhino with two *kitten* comment. But if that's okay to you, then who am I to judge it?

the OP said that his comments were hurting her. she needs to speak up and let him know that his behavior doesn't work for her. then,once she has made it clear how she expects to be spoken to, if he persists in speaking in a way that she has clearly outlined as unacceptable, she has to consider how to respond.

my DH and I have many jokes that sound like outrageous insults. One of the funniest(to us) of these jokes involves my husband burning his face with hot sauce (better not to ask). We both think this is VERRRRY funny, and nobody is insulted. :laugh:

the bottom line is, it is up to the people in a relationship to define acceptable parameters. My friend Dr. Phil says you teach people how to treat you. It is true.

if the OP is unhappy with bf's behavior, she must tell him. silence=acceptance.

that is all.

My husband was right- At that time I did look like a Rhino with two *kitten* I just wish he would have made the comment before I lost all the weight so I didn't walk around looking like that- And that is why I told him to be completely honest with me regardless of it will hurt my feelings I told him we are the two people that can tell it like it is where someone else might sugar coat because of feelings.