I know I'm a nerd, because...

Options

Replies

• elcyclista
    Options
    While posting In the rate the person above post I remembered that I know pi to the 12th decimal place. Pretty useless piece of info though I guess. XD
  • KarenGee1978
    Options
    I used to watch Star trek. I think Spence from Criminal minds is hot, Sheldon from Big Bang Theory can make me laugh so hard one day soda came out my nose thats a nerd :glasses:
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a nerd because I am a grammar nazi.... I cry because other are stupid and that makes me sad."

Did you intend to get the subject verb wrong? :drinker:

hahah

ok both of you: my biggest pet peeve on this site is LOSE vs LOOSE. anyone with me?! AUUUUUUUUGH!!!
  • Megabot
    Options
    While posting In the rate the person above post I remembered that I know pi to the 12th decimal place. Pretty useless piece of info though I guess. XD

hahahaha 200 my friend! haha now I can only do about 30 digits but at one point... 200!!
    I'm getting worse as I keep talking, maybe I should stop talking about being a nerd! ahahah
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nerd, I'm a geek, if you want to get technical. Actually, it's not getting technical since they're two extremely distinct classifications. But anyway, I know I'm a geek since I'm a Star Wars fan, a Zelda fan, slightly into anime, I cosplay, I wear plaid (a lot...and no not the kind with the ruffle crap on the front lol, and apparently that's nerdy), I'm a book worm, I research random facts that I find interesting and other people find tedious, etcetera. I could go on, but I need my sleep. C:
  • GrokOn
    GrokOn Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Because... There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't. :-)

LOL on and off.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a nerd because I am a grammar nazi.... I cry because other are stupid and that makes me sad."

Haha! No! :sad:That would be lack of sleep.

*I cry because others are stupid and that makes me sad.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I used to be a nerd way before it was cool to be a nerd.
    tumblr_lsvapzvMkD1r1696vo1_500.jpg

as for me personally:

I own more nerdy shirts than I do non-nerdy shirts. used to never be that way but that was mostly because it was hard to find anything cool 5-6XL sized back then.

about 70% of my jogging playlist is sci-fi, gaming OST type music.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Because I compare taking over an IRC channel on EFNet to having sex....
    Because I play NetHack
    Because I have a BSD daemon as a Mouse pad
    Because I have access to more shell servers than I care to remember
    Because I thought Commodore 64 were cool even though they were built before I was even born

List goes on but you get the picture...

Edit: Oh, and I have Richard from LFG as my profile pic....
  • adamsilva
    adamsilva Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i am going back to school to do more study. what is wrong with me!
  • elcyclista
    Options

hahahaha 200 my friend! haha now I can only do about 30 digits but at one point... 200!!
    I'm getting worse as I keep talking, maybe I should stop talking about being a nerd! ahahah

D: wow. That definitely takes some determination. XDvery impressive. The only reason why I know a small amount of digits is because I use it pretty often, and that's all my calculator shows me hehe.

I remember once this guy from India came on a tv show claiming he knew the first thousand (or two?) decimals of pi. Through about 5 minutes of the show he was reciting digits starting from 3. That is seriously insane.
  • Megabot
    Options

D: wow. That definitely takes some determination. XDvery impressive. The only reason why I know a small amount of digits is because I use it pretty often, and that's all my calculator shows me hehe.

I remember once this guy from India came on a tv show claiming he knew the first thousand (or two?) decimals of pi. Through about 5 minutes of the show he was reciting digits starting from 3. That is seriously insane.

ya that's nuts. I'm cool.

... HAHAHA ...

...I mean as cool as someone wearing a SCIENCE IT WORKS BITXHES shirt, that can recite a bunch of digits of pi, and is doing laundry and programming in python on a saturday night CAN be.
  • FatNurseSlim
    Options
    - its Sunday morning and I am hangover free
    - I'm secretly pleased my man is at work as I can get stuck into my current book of choice
    - I get excited about films to do with aliens invasion and so on
    - I'm considering going back to do my masters - as I miss writing assignments!!!!!

Bazinga ! <3
  • mattmoo33
    Options
    Because my IT colleague who is the chair of the local star trek society comes to me for technical advice. That and my anorak.
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options

hahah

ok both of you: my biggest pet peeve on this site is LOSE vs LOOSE. anyone with me?! AUUUUUUUUGH!!!

YES! I am with you on that. It was one thing that really annoys me. I signed up for a gym a couple of years ago - in the small print on the back (I always read it) was stated "if you loose your membership card"...

I prefer the term geek though :)
  • Acherona
    Acherona Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I object to the term "nerd." I am a geek. :)

Exhibit A: I've got a shirt that says "Schrodinger's Cat is Dead" on one side, and "Schrodinger's Cat is Not Dead" on the other. It's one of my favorites.

Ok my boyfriend loves the sound of this t-shirt and his birthday is upcoming, where did you get it?
  • Acherona
    Acherona Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    --> I actually understand the jokes on The Big Bang Theory
    --> My cat is named Schrodinger
    --> I read Astronomy text books... for leisure.
    --> I had a 3 hour long flirting session full of "science-y" double entrendres
    --> I have a Periodic Table shower curtain
    --> My coffee mug has the caffeine molecule pictured on it

Ok he also loved the cup again where did you get? :)
  • skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    I don't know what you all mean, the big bang theory is cool!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I like to take the kids to comicon. I tell them I do it for them but really I love to dress up. we go to about three or four a year. finally az is getting on the ball so we dont have to go to cali anymore. but I am gonna make a star trek uniform for this may and get captain kirks autograph! so excited! lol and this march I am going as Jill Valentine out of the second Resident Evil movie.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    You guys are all missing the most obvious..... As with most of us, I know I am a geek because I am using Technology to lose weight! Gotta love the MFP Apps...

Oh, and I am also a geek because I just spent the last 6 hours trying to repair a teeny tiny helicopter with sausage fingers... oh and i would really love it if Stargate Universe came back... and I am a software developer.

Edit, and oh yeah.. At one point I fixed my laptop by sticking it in the oven! Keep forgetting that one.