I know I'm a nerd, because...

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    I studied electrical engineering but I like to read medical books in my free time. I wouldn't become a doctor because I'm too squeamish though. I think I wanna take the mcat one day to see how I'd do maybe because I've been reading them since I was little.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    I thought I was a nerd because I'm in the 'walking to Mordor' group.

Now I realise if I can't read binary and don't play those games maybe maybe I don't qualilfy...........yet.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Because... There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't. :-)

Lol really binary isn't that like first lesson in comp programming so I've herd

Nah, "Hello World" is first then binary is later lol
  • You tried proving the Riemann hypothesis :laugh:
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    I'm walking around the house in a vintage star trek tshirt and pj bottoms that say I <3 nerds
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Got to say though this is a very fine looking bunch of nerds in this group ;-)
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    BBT is amazing! The writers are geniuses!

I know I'm a nerd because I am a grammar nazi. I can't stand the people who txt lyk ths! It makes me want to cry.. "People cry because they're sad. For example, I cry because other are stupid and that makes me sad."

Last week, I corrected my teacher's improper use of a semi colon on my mid-term. 0:-)

I love that you correct your teachers. I always tell my son,

"Your teachers are wrong, I am right!"
  • Me a nerd? Why yes...I am a NERD (Not Even Remotely Dorky). LOL
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    --> I actually understand the jokes on The Big Bang Theory
    --> My cat is named Schrodinger
    --> I read Astronomy text books... for leisure.
    --> I had a 3 hour long flirting session full of "science-y" double entrendres
    --> I have a Periodic Table shower curtain
    --> My coffee mug has the caffeine molecule pictured on it

Ok he also loved the cup again where did you get? :)

I got it from the Australian Geographic shop at the mall, but I bet you could find one online
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    The big "N" on my forehead. I've tried to cover it up with all kinds of girls make-up but still shines through.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    I object to the term "nerd." I am a geek. :)

Exhibit A: I've got a shirt that says "Schrodinger's Cat is Dead" on one side, and "Schrodinger's Cat is Not Dead" on the other. It's one of my favorites.

Ok my boyfriend loves the sound of this t-shirt and his birthday is upcoming, where did you get it?

ThinkGeek.com. :)
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    1. I drop my voice to a much lower pitch and say, "God Mode" when I land a series of barbs on someone I don't like and he/she has no satisfying retort.

2. I use D&D-speak waaaaaay too much in everyday life. Example: when I solve a problem on my first try at work, my immediate reaction is, "Yeah! Rolled a natural 20!" Nobody gets it but I don't care.

3. I use Excel to track everything that involves numbers, including my exercise mileage.
  • I NEED that shirt!! That totally rocks!!! too funny!!!! (the Schrodinger's cat shirt)
  • Because... There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't. :-)

THIS!!!!!!
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    --> I actually understand the jokes on The Big Bang Theory
    --> My cat is named Schrodinger
    --> I read Astronomy text books... for leisure.
    --> I had a 3 hour long flirting session full of "science-y" double entrendres
    --> I have a Periodic Table shower curtain
    --> My coffee mug has the caffeine molecule pictured on it

Where can I get a coffee cup like that??

I am a nerd because when my hubby and I were are Red Lobster, I was looking in the tank telling him which ones were girls and boys.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    I get off on discussions about quantum physics and the hadron collider.
  • I get off on discussions about quantum physics and the hadron collider.

agreed colliding protons at 7 T eV is pretty "get off" worthy
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    I get off on discussions about quantum physics and the hadron collider.

agreed colliding protons at 7 T eV is pretty "get off" worthy

*batting eyelashes*
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Did I mention that I have four personal computers (Gamer desktop, 2 win-tel laptops, and a MacBook Air), two phones (iPhone and Blackberry), a Kindle, a Garmin GPS watch, and a Polar HRM.

I once wore my Garmin while I was playing tennis in Pointe Noir, Congo. Uploaded it to my laptop so I could see my movements around the tennis court. Unfortunately, it was off by about 100 meters, so the squiggles were out over the South Pacific.

I also know all of the States in alphabetical order.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    I am a science teacher, love that I have been compared to Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus and I am a long distance runner.