Polar and it's hypocrisy

Options
2»

Replies

• bathedinshadow
    bathedinshadow Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Here's the key word: EQUATION. Calories burned are based on a theoretical set of numbers which may or may NOT be accurate from individual to individual. HRMs are a great tool because they give you a fairly close estimate of cals burned. When yyou log in your food, it is an estimate of what you've eaten, never an exact number.

This is why it is not correct to assume the cals eaten and cals burned can be tracked with 100% accuracy (using a HRM and logging on MFP). I see too many people worrying about going 20 cals over their allotment for the day or that they burned 214 cals on a treadmill. These are tools to get you close, but they are far from 100% accurate.

Hmmm. I hope this doesn't come across rude, as it is not my intent, but I'm not really sure why you're posting this. Nobody said anything about exact. I simply want the "most accurate" and would like to know more about a product that I was looking to purchase. It's called doing your homework. I think most people here know that none of this is exact.

hm. Funny I had the oppostie "take" on that post. I said, "Yep, exactly," and, "The guesstimates are in the books, on the internet......it's pretty standard stuff."

You say you want the most "accurate". But accuracy is not a 100% guarantee. I think the Polar attorneys are probably behind the non-answer. :wink:

I didn't say I didn't agree with it. I said that I'm not sure why it was being posted as I never stated I was looking for anything to be 100%. And I'm aware that accuracy is not 100%... hence the "most" component.