Any tips for achieving a thigh gap and flat stomach

Options

Replies

• littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Love this! I wish people would go back to the days where real woman like this was seen as gorgeous instead of the size 0's xxx
    Seriously? I'm 105 lbs and 17% body fat. I eat over 2000 calories a day. I am a size 0. Stop. Body. Shaming. I have a vagina and I'm hot and healthy, it's not more ok to make me feel bad about my body than it is to make fun of fat people. I worked for this. Maybe you're jealous, maybe you're thoughtless, maybe you're misinformed - I don't know. But don't EVER make assumptions about what kind of woman is a size 0. It's pathetic that you would imply size 0 women aren't gorgeous. Would you feel ok if I said size 10 and above women aren't gorgeous? Same thing.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    You do realise that the thigh gaps you see in magazines/posters are photo shop'd right?!

No they are not.

I've helped a friend cut and she's gone from thickly set to very lean since September and she defo has a gap. So has my other half whose gone from 12/13 stone down to 8 stone 12lb in the same time frame, with the same.

Some may not be able to achieve it, but usually down to body fat levels.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    A flat stomach: A calorie deficit. When the fat will come off your stomach, will depend on genetics. Sometimes it is the last place to go (like me) and some people store fat mainly on their hips/thighs and get a flat stomach easier.

Thigh gap: I don't understand the trend with this, but this also depends on genetics. If you have wide hips, or don't store much fat in your thighs then you may have a chance when you get lower body fat. For most people though they will always touch. Accept it, embrace it, and learn that no doubt it's part of who you and everybody else is.

This is a fantastic response!

& Thigh gaps are not a sign of being unhealthy. I'm 5'2" and 140 and I have a gap. You can't tell me I'm an unhealthy weight, I'm the highest I can be on the 'healthy' section of BMI. It's just genetics. Some people have them, some don't. It's not nice to see posts saying it's disgusting or unhealthy when it's just they way MY body is. It's hurtful.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Love this! I wish people would go back to the days where real woman like this was seen as gorgeous instead of the size 0's xxx
    Seriously? I'm 105 lbs and 17% body fat. I eat over 2000 calories a day. I am a size 0. Stop. Body. Shaming. I have a vagina and I'm hot and healthy, it's not more ok to make me feel bad about my body than it is to make fun of fat people. I worked for this. Maybe you're jealous, maybe you're thoughtless, maybe you're misinformed - I don't know. But don't EVER make assumptions about what kind of woman is a size 0. It's pathetic that you would imply size 0 women aren't gorgeous. Would you feel ok if I said size 10 and above women aren't gorgeous? Same thing.
    I don't think she was body shaming I think what she was trying to say was that all forms of women could be seen as beautiful and attractive not just those who carry a size 0 and whatnot. Thats how I took that comment. You are gorgeous too so don't sweat it.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    For me personally there was at one point when I was younger that I wish my thighs had a gap but as I've gotten older I'm more focused on just trying to continue to tone them up (especially the insides). There's these floor exercises you can do that can help tone your inner thigh but I think like others have mentioned it has to do with how your bones are set. Good luck with that.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Good post. I wish people would think before they post. Its almost on MFP to be at your goal weight or in shape that you are ripe target for being insulted.

Shame on people who think that is ok!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Any woman who isn't morbidly obese can have a thigh gap. Just open your legs wider. Sorted.
  • carrie1013
    Options
    I dont get the thigh gap thing, the ladies I've seen with it are skin and bones... I'd prefer to keep my curves :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Hey, does anyone have any tips/ exercises that could help achieve a thigh gap and flat stomach?
    you seem to alredy have both...and your hair is a plus
  • kandy221
    Options
    Do I need to break out my Marilyn Monroe pic again?

PLEASE DO - this madness HAS to stop!

With pleasure!

2qvtra8.jpg

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • carrie1013
    Options

With pleasure!

2qvtra8.jpg

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is a sexy woman...
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

Good post. I wish people would think before they post. Its almost on MFP to be at your goal weight or in shape that you are ripe target for being insulted.

Shame on people who think that is ok!

Exactly. Not to mention Marilyn Monroe was basically a modern day size 0 or 2. Look at her measurements

http://jezebel.com/5299793/for-the-last-time-what-size-was-marilyn-monroe

Height: 5 feet, 5½ inches
    Weight: 118-140 pounds
    Bust: 35-37 inches
    Waist: 22-23 inches
    Hips: 35-36 inches
    Bra size: 36D

My hips are the same size but my waist is way bigger and I wear a dress size 2 and 26 in jeans. I guess she wouldn't be a "real woman" by today's standards.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Congradulations on your vag, thanks for the announcement.

I'm sorry your feeling so sensitive, I too fluctuate down to a size 0, but I think you have to recognize that the response wasn't about body shaming us, it was about understanding that women don't have to be a size 0 to be beautiful and sexy. I think it was more to do with the fact that we can be sexy at any size, from 0 to plus sizes, and this idea that someone aim for a goal that isn't necessarily healthy for them is unnecessary. It's great for us that we found healthy sizes for us, and everyone should aim for that instead of some visual ideal that my not be genetically attainable.

To the OP - you cannot spot reduce, you must overall reduce.
  • LovesAdventure
    LovesAdventure Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    squats: fixes everything...like duct tape

*like*

haha...like duct tape:smile:
  • th04
    th04 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered with the thigh gap thing how on earth you even get one because I don't think I'd ever have one, so the wide hip thing makes sense! I see it, admire and know its something I won't have, and I'm not particularly bothered! Even when I was very slim before my delightful son my thighs would touch... Who cares? No ones gonna be watching telly trough them?
  • subtractionproject
    Options
    Easy: Genetics.. You either have it or you don't.

There is no way to create what you want since you can't spot reduce... You can also pay for plastic surgery. that might do it.

This, essentially.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Thank you!! People shouldn't be shamed, period and nobody seems to realize it, but there is plenty of size 0 (not to mention 00) hate out there. It may not be that common, but it is possible to be healthy and very small.
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Lobotomy is the only thing that will get you your desired thigh gap.
    And if you DO ever achieve this hallowed status: kiss good bye to your health, your fertility, your very being as a woman!
    Please realise what you see in the magazines is all photo-shopped to death, and this image is unhealthy and unsustainable.
    I don't normally post negative responses - we are all on a journey but I hate to see this myth being encouraged.

:sad:

That's quite the generalization in my opinion. While I do agree the photos of models are photoshopped and definitely not a healthy physique to aspire toward, not every woman with a pronounced thigh gap is unhealthy or damaging her fertility. I've always had a thigh gap whether I'm at the high or low end of my healthy BMI. I'm 5'6 with long legs, a short torso and wide hips.
  • AliciaLucas_72
    AliciaLucas_72 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

With pleasure!

2qvtra8.jpg

AMEN AMEN!!! I'm sorry but thigh gap invokes images of malnurishment
  • Lolzers
    Lolzers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You do realise that the thigh gaps you see in magazines/posters are photo shop'd right?!

true. its totally just airbrushed