Any tips for achieving a thigh gap and flat stomach

Options

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    You do realise that the thigh gaps you see in magazines/posters are photo shop'd right?!

true. its totally just airbrushed

Start of cut and mid cut foto's. I suppose I air brushed this on?
    392343_330899273611012_1051743139_n.jpg
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Love this! I wish people would go back to the days where real woman like this was seen as gorgeous instead of the size 0's xxx
    Seriously? I'm 105 lbs and 17% body fat. I eat over 2000 calories a day. I am a size 0. Stop. Body. Shaming. I have a vagina and I'm hot and healthy, it's not more ok to make me feel bad about my body than it is to make fun of fat people. I worked for this. Maybe you're jealous, maybe you're thoughtless, maybe you're misinformed - I don't know. But don't EVER make assumptions about what kind of woman is a size 0. It's pathetic that you would imply size 0 women aren't gorgeous. Would you feel ok if I said size 10 and above women aren't gorgeous? Same thing.

Thank you!! People shouldn't be shamed, period and nobody seems to realize it, but there is plenty of size 0 (not to mention 00) hate out there. It may not be that common, but it is possible to be healthy and very small.

THANK YOU BOTH. What is with bashing women who are sizes 00 or 0? Just because someone is small (I'm only 5'2 3/4'', 107 lb) doesn't mean they're unhealthy.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Hey Matt - the lady in the pics looks *amazing* but she does seem to have quite wide set hips which are contributing to that gap I think. Is that your Mrs again or another of your customers?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

that chick looks amazing...but that cute little space above her knee is not what these young girls are referring to as thigh gap...this is:

b213855173.jpg

I bet OP thinks this girl looks good and that's her goal....
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I've got the "thigh gap" simply because I'm a wide hip kinda gal. Nothing I can go about it, though I never really liked it. It makes me look bow legged, I'd rather have muscular thighs that touch than my bow legged looking legs.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

that chick looks amazing...but that cute little space above her knee is not what these young girls are referring to as thigh gap...this is:

b213855173.jpg

Lol why would you even assume that? I thought she meant more like the picture that was posted before...
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Even when I was a size 4 (at 133 pounds; I'm 5'3") and in tip top shape, I had no thigh gap or flat tummy.... it's all genetics and stuff...
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I dont want a thigh gap just dont want them to jiggle when I walk :)
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    A flat stomach: A calorie deficit. When the fat will come off your stomach, will depend on genetics. Sometimes it is the last place to go (like me) and some people store fat mainly on their hips/thighs and get a flat stomach easier.

Thigh gap: I don't understand the trend with this, but this also depends on genetics. If you have wide hips, or don't store much fat in your thighs then you may have a chance when you get lower body fat. For most people though they will always touch. Accept it, embrace it, and learn that no doubt it's part of who you and everybody else is.

This.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I've never had a flat stomach. Not when I was a skinny child, not when I was a gym nut in my early twenties, not when I gained weight in my late twenties and certainly not now. I doubt I'll ever have one and have just learned to accept it so focus my weigh loss/body image in other directions.
  • slayerdan
    Options
    I really thought I had read it all here.....a thigh gap is your goal? In HS, we always joked that those gaps belonged to the "not nice girls". yeah its juvenile and not correct at all, but my point is not everyone is gonna think a thigh gap is "hot".

You can always saran wrap your thighs every day I guess.....but i saw someone said squats--I think those, lunges, and basic leg exercises are your best bet for any improvement there.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Lobotomy is the only thing that will get you your desired thigh gap.
    And if you DO ever achieve this hallowed status: kiss good bye to your health, your fertility, your very being as a woman!
    Please realise what you see in the magazines is all photo-shopped to death, and this image is unhealthy and unsustainable.
    I don't normally post negative responses - we are all on a journey but I hate to see this myth being encouraged.

:sad:

:laugh:
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    Hey Matt - the lady in the pics looks *amazing* but she does seem to have quite wide set hips which are contributing to that gap I think. Is that your Mrs again or another of your customers?

One of the girls I'm working with. My misses has the same (don't have her picture here with me, there girls she stores on facebook) gap.

OP - do you refer to a gap all the way down or at the top?
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    Options
    BUMP! i want those gaps between my legs again! xD
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    Options

b213855173.jpg

She's my goal (the REALLY skinny one with no leg fat at all).
    But, the other girl in the bikini looks AMAZING too!.
    but, id rather be the thinner one. Because that's what i grew up to like.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

b213855173.jpg

She's my goal (the REALLY skinny one with no leg fat at all).
    But, the other girl in the bikini looks AMAZING too!.
    but, id rather be the thinner one. Because that's what i grew up to like.

Case in point. And with a suitable username to boot.

Sweetie, don't kill yourself just to look gross. This is not attractive in the slightest.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    The photo of the woman with a gap between both legs to the base from the top is down to a complete lack of muscle being built with a very low calorie intake. It wouldn't be achievable from working out, you'll get a different shape.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Eat high calories with proper macros and deadlift and squat everything!
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You do realise that the thigh gaps you see in magazines/posters are photo shop'd right?!

Pictures can be photo shopped but the thigh gap is still a real thing. I had it at my fittest weight before I got pregnant. I say to each there own, I like the thigh gap :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Now I'm trying to figure out if she's bull****ting or not because she's also looking for pregnancy support.

Edit: sorry, that's not the op that's "DeannaRexia" . . .