I didn't know I was Pregnant

Options
2»

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I just can't see how someone can't know they are pregnant! I mean, the kicks, the outline of their feet on one's belly ( very horror-movie like), the leaking milk....I just don't get it.
    But yeah I was nauseated and smell-sensitive last week (PMS) and it felt like the first weeks of pregnancy...I knew I wasn't, but the thought was still there haha.
    I had a 45 minute labor too...and I would never eeevvverr eeeeevvvvver do it again! No way no how. They gave me a damn enema...an enema!! Right in the middle of it all I had to get up and sit on the toilet and I was so scared my son would come out into all that!!! In the effing toilet!
    My last delivery from the time i was 3cm to delivery of the placenta.......6 minutes!!!! I kid you not i have the dr report to prove it lol. I always knew before even AF being late so i really wonder how some women can be so unaware of what is going on in their bodies.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Never seen the show but I still feel phantom kicks sometimes.
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    There is no way I could go 9 months and not have some suspicion that I was pregnant. Not to mention the fact that my belly gets HUGE!

ETA. I still get phantom kicks too. Such a weird feeling.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I didn't really have any symptoms with my first pregnancy either other than really sore nipples.. But my period was intermittent (diagnosed with PCOS), and was only two days late when I had abdominal cramping so I thought it was an ovarian cyst.. Made an appt with my OB, she agreed with me and then just randomly decided to check a urine pregnancy before I left since I was two days late.. Turns out, it was positive... I had to pick my OB GYNs chin up off the floor.. She had told me a year before that I'd NEVER get pregnant without fertility treatments... Yeah right!! I was knocked up two weeks after discontinuing birth control pills... But I had no other symptoms.. I didn't gain any weight until the end of my second trimester.. I can see how you might mistake the kicks for something else, and unless you're really looking at your belly, you may not see it move... I used to be an ER RN (now I work at home) but we had patients come in to the ER complaining of severe back/abdominal pain and then start screaming because they were giving birth.. They had no idea they were pregnant.. so it definitely happens.. Just kinda odd!!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Some people show NO symptoms during pegnancy, and depending on how big the baby is, how it sits in your abdomen, and how much your weight, you may not be able to tell you even have a belly at all.

No body noticed my mother was pregnant until she was 7-8 months. And she was quite thin at the time. She was able to go on her daily jogs every morning until the last 2 months.

I personally have never had a phantom kick. But i have also never been pregnant before. So perhaps it is the memory of being pregnant that insites these imaginary kicks. Perhaps they are merely flash backs. Or different feelings entirely that your mind chooses to compare to the feeling of pregnancy.
  • ARMom8251
    Options
    I go through periods when I am sick to my stomach every morning, everything makes me gag, my sense of smell is sensitive and I am exhausted. I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago and still the first thing to cross my mind is "pregnant?" Of course I have 4 kids so maybe it is more a habit than anything...:laugh:

Ahhhhahaha I have four kiddos myself, so this was far more amusement in truth kind of thing!!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I was 7 months and had no clue. Blood tests came back negative, I was in and out of the hosp that 7 months everyone missed it. I didn't have a clue until I started the pre lactation. I didn't "miss" my cycle because for 8 years I never had a cycle. I was diagnosed infertile. Imagine being diagnosed infertile, never going to have a baby, so sick they are doing procedures monthly to keep food in your system, loose a ton of weight and then get told in 8 weeks you are going to be a mom. BTW they were off 6 weeks later I was a mom. I am so blessed he is abnormally smart, perfect in every way a complete blessing. Not the way I ever want a number two to come into the world but so glad I have a miracle baby!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law gave birth on the toilet, though she did know she was pregnant (but didn't go to an OBGYN until 7 months because she was fighting to keep another child with cancer alive). Not exactly like the show, but close enough. When I'm pregnant, I sure as hell want to know I am. The show is most disturbing because of all the terrible behaviors people continue during their unbeknownst pregnancies (binge drinking, smoking, etc.). I guess the possibility of accidental pregnancy is a good reason NOT to do all of those things.
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I currently freak out every time I am late. I was the girl who always got her period sunday night/ monday morning on the sugar pills. Since my last pregnancy it is Saturday night, or Sunday morning when I am starting a new pack that I finally have my period. For the entire week I am a mess. I have two children 13 months apart in age and the oldest is 19 months. While we would like to have more children I would like for there to be a slightly larger age gap between them.

I have been pregnant 7 times and only carried to term twice. After the third misscarage I was told that I would not be able to carry to term. The worst part was I got pregnant each time while on the pill. For the first trimester of my first successful pregnancy I thought I might be but had just misscarried 2 months prior to that pregnancy and I never got pregnant within 8 months of a misscariage. It took me another two weeks to make and appointment because I was sure I was going to misscarry and the OB had not been able to do anything for me in the past so I did not want to go through the confirmation and loss for the 6th time. Every misscariage I have had has been in the first trimester or just two or three weeks into my second. When I recieved confirmation I was not happy like I wanted so badly to be. I kept thinking I am pregnant today but what about tomorrow, this went on until I was about 28 weeks. Yes there are things that can happen after that point but the success rate for children born 28 weeks and up is much higher. I finally started buying baby thing, I started telling everyone. Everyone assume I was still in my first trimester as I did not show until I was 8 months pregnant, then I seemed to pop overnight.