NSV - I am an embarrassment to my son!

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
So, I was jumping on the trampoline with my 9 year old son the other day and he stops me and says:

"You know, I used to be embarrassed to go places with you because you were so fat, but now I'm embarrassed to go places with you because it's kind of gross that people think my mom is hot."

I personally don't consider myself hot - fit and healthy, but not hot - but the fact that my son thinks I'm beautiful and that he thinks other people do too is a pretty awesome NSV.

:)

Replies

• tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    That is totally awesome! You have worked so hard and you are amazing! You are very beautiful as well!
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Aw that is awesome!!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    That is so sweet!
  • livelovesmile
    Options
    That's actually kind of cute, that he would say that. I mean, not the fat part, but the hot part. xD What a nice compliment from your son :)
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    that is funny and awesome at the same time!
  • Front_Runner
    Options
    So, I was jumping on the trampoline with my 9 year old son the other day and he stops me and says:

"You know, I used to be embarrassed to go places with you because you were so fat, but now I'm embarrassed to go places with you because it's kind of gross that people think my mom is hot."

I personally don't consider myself hot - fit and healthy, but not hot - but the fact that my son thinks I'm beautiful and that he thinks other people do too is a pretty awesome NSV.

That is a total Victory! Congrats, Beautiful! You worked really hard to get where you are, and probably went through a lot. Celebrate your fit, healthy... and (why not embrace it) hot... new self! :o) Cheers, Girl!
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats on that NSV! That is a pretty awesome one!!
  • Klein1475
    Klein1475 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! that is awesome... I love it when our kids say stuff like that... He sounds like a pretty neat little kiddo... Congrats on all you have accomplished...
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    That is so cute!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

Now that's just so Awesome. Job well done!!! BTW...you are hot!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My wife looks like she's in her 20's. and my sons thinks that their mom is hot. We don't feel embarrassed about it. It the society thing, we sterotype everything from fat, geek, asians, gay, black, tall, short. As long as we're doing good, why feel embarrassed about the results. If you did something well about yourself then starts to look good then why worry? We can't pleased everyone.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Awww! That's awesome!!
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!!
  • sarahs440
    Options
    wow. that is amazing!! Great job!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    That's actually kind of cute, that he would say that. I mean, not the fat part, but the hot part. xD What a nice compliment from your son :)
    Kids are so funny. When I *was* fat, I remember him telling me, "You're the most beautiful woman in the world... even if you ARE really fat."
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    HAHA I loved this. That is really cool.
  • JellyPrz619
    Options
    lol!! awesome!!!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHA That's freaking great!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    That's both sad and sweet at the same time. Sad that he'd feel that when you were overweight, and sweet that he's clearly proud of the changes. You are a hot mom! =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!