NSV - I am an embarrassment to my son!

Options

Replies

• b2smiley2002
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! Congrats on your wt loss, I'm trying to get healthy and fit myself. I just joined yesterday.

Have a great day,

C
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I just read your post and it tugged on my heart strings. I thought I love how brutely honest and sweet your son was. I thought I would go and check out your page and read up on you and look at your photos. Can I just say that you are super impressive. I am about to hit the half way mark on my journey I have lost 69 lbd although my tiker does not say that cause I lost some of the weight before starting MFP and just to see the end result of such a journey was nice. Thanks for sharing your story and giving us all something to strive for.
  • PrincessMiriamele
    PrincessMiriamele Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I assume it was tongue in cheek and he was being cheekily insulting!
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    awww out of the mouths.....
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful NSV!
  • BettyIW
    BettyIW Posts: 103
    Options
    Awesome and cute all at the same time! Congratulations on your weight loss. Just gotta love that boy of yours! LOL
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    That's both sad and sweet at the same time. Sad that he'd feel that when you were overweight, and sweet that he's clearly proud of the changes. You are a hot mom! =)
    I don't think it's sad - I was 18 when I had him but for the first several years of his life, I was walking around in a body that was not only obese, it was incredibly out of shape and unable to do things that most women in their early 20's wouldn't think twice about. I was like a fat old lady even though I was young.

Now he gets to have a mom that - regardless of how he might feel about my appearance - has the energy to jump on the trampoline with him, wrestle with him, toss him over my shoulder (even though he's about 120# and 5' tall), and do other "fun" stuff that I could never do before.
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome that he (and his friends) recognize your weight loss. When my son was in kindergarten I went in for mommy and me tea time. One of the girls at his table says to me "Alec's mom, Alec says you are fat but I don't think so." I was horrified. Hopefully one day though his friends will think I am hot!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Hot mama! Haha the total honesty of kids, huh?
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    What a great story, kids are brutally honest, It sounds like while you have been raising your son, you have done some raising of yourself too. Great story and you have done so well!! Take that Hot and revel in it you have worked hard to get there,
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It always freaks me out a little when my daughter uses the word hot, but in this case, I totally dig it!
  • CoryIda
    Options
    That's awesome! It always freaks me out a little when my daughter uses the word hot, but in this case, I totally dig it!
    I know. Actually, he used the word "sexy" first but I told him that was NOT appropriate, so he changed it to "hot" instead. lol
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    As the mom of two little boys, that got me teary, in a good way. You know he had to really mean it if he said it out loud. Kudos to you, hot mama!
  • gwmedicgod
    gwmedicgod Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great NSV.. and congrats on all your hard work...Fantastic JOB...

BTW you are def. a "HOT MOM"
  • Karenlavonne1958
    Options
    This is the most awesome post I have seen! I am so happy for you!
  • CoryIda
    Options
    As the mom of two little boys, that got me teary, in a good way. You know he had to really mean it if he said it out loud. Kudos to you, hot mama!
    Thanks! I love kids and their brutal honesty.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Awww!! I think you are beautiful Cory!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Aww!! That requires a smack on the head followed by a bear hug!!
    Little munchkins.
    :laugh:
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've got a 9-year-old too. No matter what we do, we are going to embarrass them. One way or another!!! ;-) Congrats!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    ha. i love your kid.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!