starting a new beginning

Options
Well i just joined this group a few days ago, and i must say its an awesome site. I am an emotinal eater thats why im fat, ive done this since i was a kid when my parents got divorced. I must say i had a bad additude about my eating habits, I just didnt care what i ate as long as i ate something. i started doing better after the birth of my first daughter, I was down to 168 from 199. I also had the support from my mother. In 2005, My mother, grandmother and 2 month old daughter were in a car accident and they all passed away. My weight blew up to 230 within 3 months. and 6 and half years later i am at my heaviest at 241 lbs. I am grateful i have never went past that number but so ungrateful I let my self balloon up so far. I am the heavest in my family and its an emotional toll to be around people who are skinner being the only elephant in the room per se. i decided enough was enough and wasnt fair to my 2 children I have now to watch and learn bad habits from me. I hoping to continue to keep up this motivation and just wanted to say after reading everyones topics about their journeys, it really keeps me to want to stay on task and start feeling again. Thanks for letting me share and for the support. This was kinda my step one to my new beginning now on to step 2 =)

Replies

• sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hi...welcome to MFP and to new beginnings. The biggest advise I can give you is to take it one day at a time. Life will get in the way, but log in all your food intake, start moving and you'll get to you goal weight in time. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • afrench799
    afrench799 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank You for the advice =)