5 foot and under club :)

Options
13»

Replies

• Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

It does feel like the weight is more obvious being small- I am 4'11 and 28 years old. A few years ago I had a lung disease that required long term steroid treatment; I gained quite a few lbs.!!!! When I finally got better I was at 142; the first 10 lbs came off pretty quickly and it has taken more work but I am at 115 now, about a size 2. I thought it was my goal weight but now that I am here would like to loose another 5-10. I never would have guessed that is what I would be working towards but it seems right now.

The primary reason it seems right is because all I have done is clean up my diet- I don't drink very much alcohol and I don't eat out. I eat an very clean healthy vegetarian diet and exercise 30-60 minutes most days. I love cheese, have a beer a night or two a week, have pizza or queso now and again and even eat dessert when I really want it. I am most interested in being toned and I am just getting closer on that. Because I am not doing anything that feels limiting really to my lifestyle another 5-10 seems reasonable. I am not willing to be terribly extreme or prohibit myself from my favorite treats though:)

I was stuck at about 120 for sooo long! Maybe a year even! I recently increased my protein, just adding greek yogurt every day and have started loosing weight.

That is my story- I hope it is helpful! Just know that 130, 120, 110 are within reach!
  • smoffette
    smoffette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'! Or as I say "five-foot-nothing" :) Just starting to work on losing a little bit of weight that crept on...for years I was around 106-108 lbs and my weight maintained really well for a long time...somewhere along the way, I gained 10 lbs and my body has been maintaining there :P Not too thrilled about that....I have a petite bone structure so 118 lbs looks chunky on me. I also live in a pretty warm area so when summer rolls around I won't have the luxury of feeling comfortable in layered and baggy clothing...
    I'm encouraged that I do seem to be losing weight with MFP - tracking my calories and getting into an exercise regimen! My goal is 98 lbs - sorta arbitrary but it entralls me because it's in my healthy BMI range, but is a number so low it seems like a fantastical thing, lol. The lowest I've been is 102 lbs, in high school. One thing that I think is helping me lose is that I'm vegan, so I don't get tempted by the cupcakes, cookies, and cheese platters people leave in the cubicle areas at work, which I think is cutting down on the likely weight-gain culprit: random snacking.
    My brother's wedding is now in a week and I've lost about 3 lbs or so, which doesn't look hugely different to other people, but makes a big difference in how I feel about my body :) I hope to keep losing for a bit more!
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hey all... I am 4'11 on a good day... like 4'10 3/4 but I say 4'11 always. I started at 185 and now I am at 122... would like to be down between 110 and 115 but am mostly focusing on building a lot of lean muscle right now... so even a 2 lb loss this month with a .5 lb muscle gain would be nice. Finally got into size 4 pants... can't believe that I have room to go smaller when my muscle gets bigger. Always up for friends.
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0" and at my heaviest was at 193. I am 164 right now and (for now) would like to be at 120. Good luck everyone in your journey!
  • CMXL
    CMXL Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", looked my height when I was in the 102-105 range. Even pregnant, I was only 120. But now I am 144 and look a lot shorter:) My goal is 110 which I think is appropriate for my age (41) and height.
  • karisma81
    karisma81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 ft 11 and 110 lbs but I'd like to lose some of the body fat and gain muscle. I'd also like to be able to run 5K.
  • Jan0707
    Jan0707 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm between 4"11" and 5", so I count it as 5". We shorties count all the inches we can. Started at 183, down to 172.6. Would like to be 125. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • Stockreef24
    Options
    :wink: I am 4'11 and 145lbs. People always are telling you don't look that big or you're tiny but 5lbs always felt like 20 to me because of my height. My goal is to get back to 115lbs where I felt comfortable but did not look sickly. It's amazing how a stressful job can make you gain 20lbs in less than a year. My husband is being a good about keeping me motivated. He won't let me eat bacon cheeseburgers until I lose 5lbs which will be hard but I am willing to work for those 5lbs.
  • gettingfitmomof3
    Options
    I am 4 foot 9 and I would like to get to 120. I am currently 154. I would love to be 130 by June for my 20 year high school reunion.
  • JessecaKittys
    Options
    my names Jesseca and im 5 foot and i weight 165 pounds as of july 15th 2012. my goal weight is 130 pounds! ive been cutting back on the junk and working out with a few of my friends they are all very suportive of me and what im trying to do for my self!

In march 2011 my mom passed away from stomach cancer out of no were she went into the hospital on march. 5 cause she her tummy hurt and she pass on the 12th, its been a ****ty go, after she passed i moved in with my boyfriend and his roommate and what i thought at that time was a good idea i was wrong. I moved in may of 2011 I started losing alot of weight buy Augest I was about 120 and was about a size 5, i was hardley eatting but since i didnt have my mom i had no one to tell me what i was doing was wrong. my roommate was not a nice person very mean and just out right rude. he told me that i was indenile of my mother death and that i was fake just really ripped me a new one cause my boyfriend would rather hang out and send time with me then him he got jelous, in Oct of 2011 I weighted 112 pounds.

After this i went into a worst depression and started looking for a way out, my boyfriend and I got a small place just for us, and he got me a kitty :) my best friend ever, things started to get better i started feeling better about myself and i started munching like a champ and all the goodies over x mas i now weight 165 and am a size 9, I realized that I could fit in any of my size 8s so i needed to start now before i have to much. I'm sticking to this now tho! I need to.

I need friends lol add me!

love Jesseca
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I am about 5 ft/ 5 ft 1-ish lol.
  • ReversedTime
    Options
    Hi I'm 4'11 with a really small frame. I used to be 54kg and have lost 6kg. Im currently 48kg (or 105lb) but i want to be 42kg (92lb). Haha you may be wondering why I still want to lose weight but I'm asian and everyone seems to be thinner (and taller) than me. Just trying to lose those last few pounds. Anyway, looking for friends so please add me! :)
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    4ft 11 <<<<<
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a quarter inch away from 5 feet! I started at 134 and I'm down to 125...goal was originally 110 but I don't think I can get that low. My problem is I'm "stocky" so I feel like no matter how much I lose I will still feel like a mini-linebacker! I was a gymnast and a diver for many years which helped then, but not so great now!

Feel free to add me shorties! :)
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Im joining this club, I am 4'11 and I love being short! But the major downsize is the weight issue, if we were tall we would be skinny!! I started on here at 160lbs and I am currently 123lbs my goal weight is 119lbs but I am in no rush to get there anymore as I am quite happy at what I am, I don't want to be skinny I think a woman should have some curves :wink:
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    I wil join I'm 4ft 11
  • Amanda0926
    Amanda0926 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft and 105 lbs. I just reached my goal weight! Now I'm working on building more muscle.
  • Sizethree4Ever
    Sizethree4Ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am 5` 0 ft and currently around 142lbs, ultimate goal about 110lbs .