HUGE 40 Calorie Brownies w/photo...

Options

Replies

• MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r560/delilah47/Pics For MFP/40calbrownies.jpg[/img]

HUGE 40 Calorie Brownies

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    3/4 cup liquid egg whites
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup granulated sucralose** (for baking)
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Pan spray

** You could try another sugar substitute, but I have not tried any and not sure what results would be.

Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray an 8x8 inch pan with pan spray, dust with flour and tap out extra.

In a medium mixing bowl, using a whisk or spatula, mix the applesauce, vanilla, and egg whites until combined.

Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt and sucralose to a small bowl and stir to mix. Pour dry mixture into bowl with liquid mixture. Stir until it is just combined and no lumps remain. Pour it into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.

Remove from oven and put on a cooling rack for 5 minutes (after the 5 minutes, I turn them out onto the rack for quick cooling). As soon as they are completely cool, cut tic-tac-toe style and store in sandwich bags or in an airtight container. Makes 9 brownies.

This is a work in progress. These brownies taste good and have a wonderful texture. I will be trying different variations like adding some nuts or some rolled oats in the future. Use your imagination to adapt them to your liking.

Nutritional Info Per Serving
    Servings: 9

Calories: 40
    Total Fat: < 1 g
    Cholesterol: 0 mg
    Sodium: 114 mg
    Total Carbs: 13 g
    Dietary Fiber: >1 g
    Protein: 3 g

Do the actually taste like brownies tho? To me, they just look like fluffy chocolate cake, not dense like a brownie at all.

So when someone makes these can you please tell me if the texture is more cake like (ew) or dense and yummy and rich?

I am wondering the same thing. My family is very particular about brownie texture.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Sounds great - any ideas how many actual eggs this would be?

i think it's like 4 eggs
  • delilah47
    Options
    Could you upload some coin or cellphone with brownie picture. just so i can reference how big they are? 40 calories per brownie!!! how really big are they? how much each one weight? How many cm is 1 side?

the brownies are displayed on a regular sized paper plate and are baked in a 8x8 inch pan which would be (according to my unit conversion calculator) 20.32 X 20.32 cm the brownies measure 8.25cm square and weigh 43g each
  • delilah47
    Options

Do the actually taste like brownies tho? To me, they just look like fluffy chocolate cake, not dense like a brownie at all.

So when someone makes these can you please tell me if the texture is more cake like (ew) or dense and yummy and rich?

I am wondering the same thing. My family is very particular about brownie texture.

These were more of a cake texture, but i believe if you add more applesauce (like 6oz) they will be more dense. Regular brownies get the dense/heaviness from oil, but then they wouldn't be 40 calories each then would they? lol
    As I suggested, experiment to get them to your liking. This is my first try of these after converting them from a regular brownie recipe.

BTW An equal amount of applesauce can usually replace oil in most baking recipes.
  • delilah47
    Options
    I filled it into MFP recipes and it says it's more than 40 calories... whyyy D: But either way, it's still quite low hahah I've got it at 75 or so. Want!

That is strange, I put it through MFP and got 37 calories for 9 brownies. Did you enter unsweetened applesauce?
  • Jamaica2
    Jamaica2 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump. Yum!
  • delilah47
    Options
    Can I ask, did you count the 92 calories in the 1 cup of Splenda (sucralose)?

Thanks for sharing!

Can't wait to try them out!

Hmm when I picked Splenda from MFP database, it showed zero calories. Here is an excerp from information I found on sucralose. Not sure if it's "bible true" or not.

Sucralose is manufactured from sucrose (table sugar). The conversion of sucrose to sucralose is made by adding three chlorine atoms to each molecule of the table sugar. This process makes the sugar indigestible so the body doesn't recognize it as a carbohydrate. Since it isn't digested like sugar, the body isn't able to use it for energy, therefore, no calories are consumed.

As is indicated by the MFP database.
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! :smile:
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Bump, sounds delicious!!!
  • mrslupercio2011
    Options
    bump!
  • kaelawilliford
    Options
    bump
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    bump
  • Riggly27
    Riggly27 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • asmithson19
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • delilah47
    Options
    I see there are quite a few skeptics here (as with most posts). If you are expecting a dense heavy ooey gooey brownie, you ain't getting it here. One of those brownies this size would be about 400 calories. I will say I would like them better if I had added, maybe, 1/4 cup of some kind of nuts.

Next time I find a low cal recipe I like, I'm keepin' it to myself!! :laugh:
  • Dominije
    Dominije Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump - Girlfriend demands that I make them to prove that this is possible. lol
  • joneskaw
    Options
    bump
  • MistyboBisty
    Options
    bump
  • tiffanylb88
    tiffanylb88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sounds great - any ideas how many actual eggs this would be?

Should be 6 egg whites to make up 3/4 cup