HUGE 40 Calorie Brownies w/photo...

Options

Replies

• brittdaw32
    Options
    "store in sandwich bags or in an airtight container." Or how about in my belly! Can't wait to try them. Thanks.
  • MelBee29
    Options
    bump
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options

Do the actually taste like brownies tho? To me, they just look like fluffy chocolate cake, not dense like a brownie at all.

So when someone makes these can you please tell me if the texture is more cake like (ew) or dense and yummy and rich?

I am wondering the same thing. My family is very particular about brownie texture.

These were more of a cake texture, but i believe if you add more applesauce (like 6oz) they will be more dense. Regular brownies get the dense/heaviness from oil, but then they wouldn't be 40 calories each then would they? lol
    As I suggested, experiment to get them to your liking. This is my first try of these after converting them from a regular brownie recipe.

BTW An equal amount of applesauce can usually replace oil in most baking recipes.

Good to know - thank you! I will give it a try as soon as I buy some fake sugar.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • armybeauty84
    Options
    BUMP!
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    If only I could eat flour.... but they do look good.... hard to believe only 40 calories.
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    THanks you! Finally...my hubby has been wanting something sweet and yeah. Now I an make these and we both an eat them!!
  • bstoetzer
    Options
    bump
  • Jlledonne
    Options
    Hmm... can anyone tell me what "bump" means? lol :-)
  • OregonCountryGirl
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • rockonerin
    Options
    bump
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    THANKYOU!
  • Brilliantbritt27
    Options
    They seem yummy
  • deliak2010
    Options
    bump! this sounds amazing, thanks for sharing!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! Maybe I will get over my lazy streak and make some. LOL
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I might try these, but ill replace the eggs with the "flax eggs" and add some extra applesauce, and use light brown sugar, Honey, or Stevia instead of the poison that is SPLENDA.
  • rbbrrmqn
    rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    thank SO much!! look so good
  • betholiver
    Options
    Looks yummy!
  • RH_Brazell
    Options
    bump