What do you eat when you have calories left over?

Options
I've got quite a few hanging about wanting to get eaten by the end of today, and I was curious: What do you guys do?
Do you indulge in an otherwise sinful dessert because you have the calories available? Or do you just eat a lot of low calorie healthy things? Or high calorie healthy things even?

Replies

• katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Truthfully I have a hard time eating them at all. I don't want to eat just for the sake of using them, BUT I am only at 1,200 calories and I should eat them. If it's enough I will eat some ice cream :)
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Always something sweet for sure,I have a huge sweet tooth and always throw it into my calorie intake!!
  • CMXL
    CMXL Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I don't know how to eat over 1200 without making unhealthy choices that up my sugar and fat levels lol. Or alcohol.
  • badmediakarma
    Options
    Depends. If I am hungry I have a snack (yogurt, peanut butter, etc). If I am craving something sweet I will have a Skinny Cow. If I'm not really hungry but want to get some calories in I drink a glass of milk.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    If I had extra, I'd eat whatever I felt like. But I would eat them up.
  • nlkoelle
    nlkoelle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1490 calories, and always have leftover calories for the day because of exercise. I choose not to eat them, but sometimes throw in a low carb/high fiber or protein bedtime snack to help my morning blood sugar. It's nice to have the 'cushion'. Though honestly I often have over 1000 calories remaining. (I'm exercising 30 min 2x per day.)

Looking forward to seeing everyone's responses as well.

-Nikki
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It feels so "wrong" but the occasional beer and a few nuts go down a treat!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything unless I'm hungry. But if I must, I eat something healthy that I'm craving. I save my bad meals for the weekend if I have done well all week.
  • tradingfoods
    tradingfoods Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i know we should eat them but if i am feeling good and not going hungry i sometimes just don't use them
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yummy doesn't have to be sinful. I love a glass of chocolate milk at bedtime. There's also some amazingly delicious protein bars.

I don't like to leave any more than 100 calories untouched.
  • caitmarshhh
    caitmarshhh Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm having this problem right now! I'm going to have calories left over at the end of the day, but if I snack too much I'll go over on sodium. Maybe I'll have a banana or something? hmm...
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I like to have my version of dessert! Silhouette dessert yogurt or plain vanilla yogurt with added nuts and fruit! One of my fav combinations is vanilla yogurt with a spoonful of natural crunchy peanut butter, pecans, and a little bit of granola or oatmeal. Taste like a peanut butter oatmeal cookie :)
  • TotalTiger
    Options
    If I've been good and drunk all of my water and I have calories left, I have a glass of wine.
  • Porcelain1981
    Porcelain1981 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Running into the same problem.

On non excercise days: I get used to eating only so much (it's a lot of food by the way, just healthy so doesn't count for a lot of calories), so on exercise day's if I haven't planned an upgrade in calories throughout the day I'm getting stuck with a gap at the end.

I don't want to eat more and stretch my stomach, nor do I want to have to resort to non-clean foods. Being the weekend it's allowed me to have a few drinks, but not an everyday solution.

I eat 10 almonds as a snack, but might need to get some more varied nuts/sweet dried fruits in??

Anyone have some suggestions for high calorie snacks that are loaded with nutrients but not a lot to eat? Preferably non-dairy/wheat?
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I know that they're high in sugar, but Fiber One Oats & Choc Chips really help with the sweet tooth. I also really like Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. Cold hurts my teeth, so I have to eat them really slow.
  • christinerush
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing as I too have heap of calories left at the end of the day because of exercise and then it tells me Im not eating enough and will store fat! Do I really have to eat all those extra calories when Im not hungry?
  • Volleyballgal
    Volleyballgal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Veggies! Fills you up, good calories.
  • DorothyR87
    Options
    If I'm craving something sweet I will have a little bit of something otherwise I save those calories as roll overs for when I go over. I'm sure it doesn't really work that way but I like to think it does and then I don't feel so bad if I go over.
  • vbonina
    vbonina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I try to eat nothing, but usually give in to an apple or banana.

14145226.png
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Usually peanut butter