What do you eat when you have calories left over?

Options

Replies

• chaoticxinsane
    Options
    When it's later at night and I realize I still have a huge chunk left I'll usually spoil myself with a glass of hot chocolate or some other bad snacky thing, peanut butter and jelly bagel, something splurge-y. It doesn't happen too often.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    OH! how could I forget.. candy.. I love spearmint leaves, Perugia baci kisses... rocher hazelnut nummies.....
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I eat food - it's usually nutritious, since I don't typically have junk around me, but there's no one specific thing I have.
  • look1angel
    Options
    Well for the first time today, since I've benn calorie tracking. I will indulge in a nice chocolate donut (entenmann's) with a glass of skim milk! I have earned it! :)
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I give myself 1700 a day cos im maintaining, and I'm pretty much starving is I only hit 1200!! Or even 1400!

Today. I had a lot left over, cos I eat my exercise cals too!

So it bought my food intake to 2000. Which in the UK is the average and recommended so I'm not too bothered.

Had about 500 cals left and was hungry, so made my self two pitta breads stuffed with chicken and salad with honey and mustard dressing (low fat) :D!

It was definitely needed!
  • pattysue2012
    Options
    I usually just let it go, I figure as long as you are eating healthy and exercising and staying close to your calorie count you should be fine.

16384973.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • christinac1011
    Options
    I like raw honey or almond peanutbutter if enough mix little each
  • Mrsmonas
    Mrsmonas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like to have popcorn with kernel seasoning's.

I also LOVE raw tomatoes, sliced with some kosher salt.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 pieces of chocolate, if there are any left after that, i tell myself that's my 'cushion' for the weekend.
  • irishasian05
    irishasian05 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't eat anything!! I save them, so that if I have a few more calories on the weekend or a glass of wine, I am still ok for the week. As long as you have eaten enough protein for the day, SAVE THEM :).

Won't this slow down your metabolism if you're short on calories, especially by a lot?
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    A lean protein such as a protein shake with either water or unsweetened Almond Milk or fruit
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I love yogurt, nuts, popcorn or some sort of baked chips/crackers with fat free cheese.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I love a vanilla greek yogurt with some granola on top- its tastes like a dessert!
  • addykins1
    addykins1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    glass of soy milk, a bar of high quality dark chocolate (if I dont have a lot of room), a hot chocolate made with milk, fruit especially grapes, mango, pineapple etc, sometimes rice crackers with avocado, balsamic vinegar and sea salt and cracked pepper, marmalade or chutney on toast, oatmeal cooked in protein shake with maple syrup.
  • SusanCotter21
    SusanCotter21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I guess I am in the minority here, but I love White Russians, and if I have the calories, I will indulge in one.
  • farm_mamaX9
    Options
    I had 299 extra calories tonight. I threw together an easy pear crisp:
    1 medium pear- diced- 103 calories
    1/8 cup of quick oats- 38 c
    1/2 TBSP butter -50 c
    2 tsp. light brown sugar- 30 c

total calories- 221

and now I am totally full and happy too. I still came in 78 calories under.
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    same here. today i did a little more cardio than i usually do and now i have more than 600 calories and am not as hungry plus its too close to bed time... just had a slice of sprouted grain bread and a table spoon of almond butter with a cup of silk.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Unless I am hungry I don't force myself to eat. If i want to though, I will eat some lowfat cheese with multigrain crackers, pretzels with peanut butter, fruit, almonds and raisins, or if I want to be a little naughty I have a couple of cookies or some ice cream. Usually though, I just don't worry about it much.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Whatever I feel like eating.
  • g_jelly
    g_jelly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    "I like to have my version of dessert! Silhouette dessert yogurt or plain vanilla yogurt with added nuts and fruit! One of my fav combinations is vanilla yogurt with a spoonful of natural crunchy peanut butter, pecans, and a little bit of granola or oatmeal. Taste like a peanut butter oatmeal cookie :)"

definitely trying this, yum