Anyone have success with Belly Fat Cure ?

13»

Replies

• LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    I lost 18 pounds on the BFC. I stopped losing after a while and began counting calories and started losing again. I think it's a good program but I didn't like keeping track of the sugar, carbs, and fiber and figuring out what I could eat each day. Good luck, I,m sure you will do well.
  • You do know that sugar and carbs are the same thing, right? And that the natural sugar in fruit is the exact same sugar that "processed sugar" is? Where do you think sucrose comes from? It's taken from plants, mostly sugar cane and beets, which are vegetables.

Sugar and carbs are NOT the same thing, it is just 1 of 3 types of carbs. There are 3 types of carbohydrates: sugar, fiber and starch. This book shows you how to read the labels to determine how many carbs are sugar vs fiber and starch. Your body needs good carbs for energy so cutting out ALL carbs is bad. And not all sugars are bad, but high fructose corn syrup is the worst.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/carbohydrates/ART-20045705

There are three main types of carbohydrates:

Sugar. Sugar is the simplest forms of carbohydrates. Sugar occurs naturally in some foods, including fruits, vegetables, milk and milk products. Sugars include fruit sugar (fructose), table sugar (sucrose) and milk sugar (lactose).

Starch. Starch is made of sugar units bonded together. Starch occurs naturally in vegetables, grains, and cooked dry beans and peas.

Fiber. Fiber also is made of sugar units bonded together. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and cooked dry beans and peas are among foods that are naturally rich in fiber.
  • I think it's an excellent plan. I was on it for about 5 months and lost 47lbs and 10 inches in waist. I felt great and my blood chemistry changed for the better unbelievably. Triglycerides went from 400 to 100 for example. I felt great and had great energy. I was also exercising daily. I think it's the way to eat for rest of your life. After a year and a half I got any injury playing lacrosse (I still play at age 56.5) and it threw me out of my cycle. I have since gained back 20 lbs and feel crappy knowing how good I felt before. I am starting back on it today I know it will work. You basically have to cut out all desserts like donuts, cakes, pies; etc and most fruits (berries are best but not too many). Use lite bread only, no bagels; etc. Try flat outs too. It's very doable as you can basically have 120 g of carbs/day which is doable long term. The 15 g of sugar is the tough one. I just got out of it which is bad. This should be a lifelong eating plan.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    I lost about 100lbs pretty quick eating 1600 Calories a day and running 60 minutes 3-5 times a week and doing some body weight movements the fat melted off It was pretty amazing. And I ate oatmeal 2 times a day and a large apple and bananna. Sugar and Carbs. Plus dinner.
  • I have been on it since 1/1/14 and so far I have lost 22 lbs, and 14 inches!!! I love this program. Ive already tried calorie counting or fat free weightloss to no success. This program has allowed for a life change. I am super happy with it and I see and the days go by getting lower and lower on my sugar because more and more easy!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,903 Member
    Belly fat is more from overconsumption rather that just targeting carbs. Just another low carb "guru" selling programs. There a many, many, many people in the world who don't have excessive belly fat and eat carbs. They just don't eat a **** load of them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Just finished my first week and lost 9 lbs. I have stuck to it perfectly which in the past other diets have been harder because I crave sweets! I believe that reducing insulin has made me feel better and there must be an increase in Leptin because I have not craved sweets at all. I eat all carbs before 3 pm and have been snacking on walnuts and small amounts if cheese along with lower carb fruits.
  • I just started using it this week, I agree with almost everything in the book. However, I'm not giving up fruits (strawberries, grapes, apples). I definitely see how much packaged sugar I eat, my main goal is to stay below or close to the 15 grams of sugar a day and try to use all the swap products recommended. Things like no sugar kethcup that I thought doesn't make a difference actually does. Don't expect 7-9 lbs a week miracles but hope I can successfully do 3-5 lbs a week and shrink these love handles.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!