Exercising after a wisdom tooth extraction

My workout buddy had a wisdom tooth out today, so she's on Tylenol 3's... we're supposed to work out tomorrow (lifting) and she still wants to go, but I'm concerned that she might hurt herself and slow down the healing process. Any voices of wisdom/experience here?

Replies

• BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    I am an oral surgery assistant and you better tell her NO, NO, NO! AT LEAST 5 days until any exercise or lifting or she will give herself a dry socket which is unbelievably painful! Plus the extra exercise will cause more swelling and throbbing!
  • determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Ouch! I might just be a big baby and I did get all 4 of mine out at once, it took me 2 weeks till i actually felt good enough to do more than just walking.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    It definitely depends on the person some people are fine after 5 days some take a month to heal.
  • Dental Hygienist here. Tell her NO. She should wait at least a few days. She's got to give herself some time to heal. She shouldn't exert herself, she needs time to recover from the anesthesia, she shouldn't do anything to disturb the area or slow down the healing process.