Replies

• jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When I started MFP

Picnikcollage2-1.jpg

Now:

snapshot11.jpg

wow you are totally inspiring! you look fabulous!
  • jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    wow, tearful and beautiful!!

I love my babies!!:smile:
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My weight loss here has been very slow and steady, 240 days logging and 24lbs lost with a lot of inches. When i started (and i am really sorry that i didnt take any pictures) my pouch was very noticable and hung down quite a long way, like someone else said i could have held a pencil under it! In the last few weeks i have noticed that it not longer hangs but sticks out from my body, there has definetly been some toning and upward movement. I dont have many stretch marks with it but the few i have dotn really bother me.

My babies were both nearly 10lbs so i was very stretched and put on huge amounts of weight with my pregnancies, but if i dont manage to loose anymore of the pouch and the stretch marks dont fade then so be it i have 2 wonderful children i was told i would never have, these badges of honour are a small price to pay for the miracle of having 2 children and proving my doctors wrong.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Im sorry but this is wrong if you do nothing but or mostly cardio you will end up with hanging extra skin and I dont think that is what you are looking for lifting weights is very important for toning.
    according to Jillian Michaels & some others the only way to get that harmful belly fat gone is CARDIO..... yes, imprtant to do the weights too, but CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO.... so maybe try to even up your %'s a bit more like 60-40 or even 50-50... and as far as stretch marks from pregnancy goes... I call them my war wounds :) some women who are unable to have children would love to have had the ability to have gotten stretch marks.... who cares, be fit & healthy, not some image we see airbrushed on magazine covers :happy:
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    When I started MFP

Picnikcollage2-1.jpg

Now:

snapshot11.jpg

wow you are totally inspiring! you look fabulous!

Thank you! That means a lot ♥
  • Sarahx86
    Options
    My MFP start pic, my youngest was 11mo when I took this pic. You can't see the pooch super well, I was trying to hide it with my shorts.
    e80c70ec.jpg

I literally just took this pic. This is 4, almost 5, months into my journey. I am 22lbs down and about 6 from my goal. As you can see, the pooch is still there a bit on the bottom, and I still have stretch marks but as far as my stomach has come, I can live with the stretch marks.
    IMAG0129.jpg

Amazing! Thank you for posting!! My stomach is v similar to yours but not as small, hopefully soon mine will shrink as much as yours has! What did you do in terms of excersise and diet?
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    After carrying twins, and then about a year later my youngest, my body is far from perfect, it took me awhile to come to terms with the fact that I will never have a perfect bikini body again, but you know what, that's okay.

I found this fabulous poem and wanted to share it <3 it's from this blog...

http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2012/01/19/stretch-marks-wear-them-with-pride

jpg36-460x287.jpg

the poem up close:

stretch-mark-picture2-463x1024.jpg

Beautiful, thank you so much for posting;-)
  • NaiaNZ
    NaiaNZ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    14b3l0h.jpg
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am using firming lotion that seems to be helping ... I am planning to buy a compression garment - a friend had success with this as it supports the skin to help it relearn where it lives rather than letting gravity pull it down. Also it can take up to 18 months to 2 years for your skin to shrink back as much as it will.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    <
    this is my belly now after giving birth to 6 kids in about 11 years. What you do not see are the strech marks up to over my belly button, my excess skin, my 6 inches scare just under my right ribs. Unless i have a tummy tuck, this is the belly i have for the rest of my life and i intend to do the best i can do with what i got.
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Everyone's skin and body's are differnt. Your results may not be the same as anyone else on here and you won't really know until you try. Do the hard work and you may end up with better results than you think.
  • Daxgyetmhanaak
    Daxgyetmhanaak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain Dexy, my stomach looks like a deflated balloon and I am really insecure about it (also had two c-sections which also left an unsightly mess). I lost the weight after my first child and did notice the belly bulge was much smaller. BUT I gained all the weight back and was much heavier with my second. SO I've decided that I am going to focus on losing some weight first and then consider some laser treatments once I have reached my goal weight. Seems like a nicer option than a tummy tuck and much more affordable.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    When I started MFP

Picnikcollage2-1.jpg

Now:

snapshot11.jpg
    I've had 4 kids. Mine is like this picture, and maybe a little smaller, less noticeable. I know it's there. I'm pretty sure no one else does unless I point it out. It doesn't have to be a big deal to make you worry and want to stay fat for. My boobs were the glaring frightening road map of stretch marks. I know they are there, but no on else could ever find them now. Don't worry about it, it takes time, but doesn't have to be a life changer. Very obese people have it much worse than the after effects of pregnancy.
  • Daxgyetmhanaak
    Daxgyetmhanaak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thank you for the inspiration - I was feeling pretty sh*tty a minute ago!
  • Aleciajones
    Options
    Whatever lotion you use make sure you don't just apply it but really rub it, massage it even, into the skin. On the stomach and arms I use jojoba oil. Will it actually do anything, I don't know. I have a long way to go before excess skin becomes an issue but it makes me feel better to do this now, gives me hope. I have also heard about the compression clothing but haven't seen it proven t work for everyone.
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things to help fix these. May not go away completely, but I have found that these skin tightening wraps and the defining gel have helped AMAZING amounts. Tighter skin, less marks, etc. I use them EVERY 2 weeks and will until I'm done with my journey.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Everyone telling me about stretch marks, I have mentioned before that I am VERY aware that they aren't going anywhere. I KNOW I'll NEVER be able to show my bare belly.

I'm just terrified of the excess skin. With that, I'll never be able to wear tightish clothes. I'll be forever banished to baggy clothes, and that sucks.

Also, everyone saying "love your body for what it is" "your kids are worth it" rah rah rah I'm sorry but no. I do not like my body. I never got the chance to ever love my body before pregnancy (got pregnant at 14). And as much as I love my kids, no ruining my body doesn't feel worth it. Even though I would never trade them for my old body, when others have twins, huge babies, & several pregnancies and never get excess skin/stretch marks it makes me SO mad.

I guess I'm just unlucky & bitter about it. Hopefully one day I'll accept my hatred for my body & move on!
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    MADERMA!!!! It worked wonders for me. The summer after having my daughter (about 6 months post partum) I laid out in the sun to tan and was horrified when I looked in the mirror and saw that they were bright pink/purple and stayed that way for days. I used Maderma for weeks before going to the beach last year and they were hardly noticeable and I rocked a bikini! They didn't get all bright red or anything in the sun. They have lightened up A LOT and I don't feel as self concious now.
  • melstephvan
    melstephvan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ok, SO... DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOURSELF!!!! That said, after 2 pregnancies where I gained 93lbs with the first, and 83lbs with the second I am now FINALLY getting rid of my stupid little "pouch"! I focus on working the "transverse" abs - the abs that sit under everything else and wrap around your spine.... You want to suck it all back towards your spine! When working these muscles make sure to bring your belly button to the floor!! I started with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, and it showed results with in a week!! Now I'm kickboxing 3 times a week and doing my JM with added transverse ab moves twice a week(google them, & make sure your heart rate is up to burn the fat off)

Whatever you do - DONT give up on being healthy!!! And as for the stretch marks.....Embrace them, keep them moisturized, and instead of hating them, remember why you have them - I love my stretch marks because they remind me every day that I am a Mother, and damn proud of it!

Good luck in all you do! Add me if you want :) melstephvan
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Tosca Reno has three kids.... I think she's sufficient proof that it can be done. But she's also proof that it takes a TON of work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!