A Tear Jerking NSV

Options
I don't consider myself that much of a sensitive guy but today I had a nice NSV that made me a bit teary eyed.

I have a soon to be 2 year old and we finally took him to the park next to our new place and ... I was running around with him, jumping, laying down in front of him and letting him run me over with his bubble lawn mower, going down slides with him, climbing on the jungle gym, jumping from the jungle gym.

My wife pointed out that 120 lbs ago I would not have been able to even fit through one of the things I was climbing up too..

Kind of hit me like a bag of bricks when I realized how much we didn't do a little over a year ago and if I would have continued to do what I was doing I would have ruined my sons life and my wife's life... Either by having them pick up my bad habits or simply missing my son growing up...

This isn't always about looking good and feeling good about weight loss, this is a lifestyle change. This changes your life, your behavior and it can impact your entire family. It was cool.

Replies

• sld_12
    sld_12 Posts: 11
    Options
    What a great moment, though! Congratulations to you AND your family :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Xaye, that is awesome. I am so very happy for you and your family
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    A realisation like that is incredible. Kudos to you and very well done on facing your challenge!! WTG!!
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    That's great :) Keep up the great work and enjoy your time with your son!
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    Good for you! That is wonderful, keep enjoying that time with your son and wife :smile:
  • jjohnboy2000
    jjohnboy2000 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Great way to start the week :happy:
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Life is good. Congrats on the amazing life gain. :)
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Great nsv
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm a little teary eyed too. Thanks for sharing. Write that down and put it somewhere for when you get down. If you have pictures, even better. It'll remind you that you have a lot of great reasons for taking control of your health.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    That made me well up too. I have a 4 year old & lost alot of weight too after his was born, the idea of trying to cope with the demands of a small child whilst 300lbs is incomprehensible to me now & it makes me glad I chose to sort it out sooner rather than later.

Well done on your loss & I know it will benefit both you & your family for years to come.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!

You have truly achieved great things and at the right time of your Son's life.

Congratulations.................an inspiration.
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that story. Part of the reason I am on this journey is to be able to keep up with my 15 year old son when we go hiking in the summers. OK, he's 15 and I'm 49, but I at least want to be able to go with him without being afraid of keeling over :)
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    How lovely...well done on your success :smile:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    AWWW ((((hugs))))!
    What a great Dad!
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    congrats and im happy you get to run around with your son i bet he is much happier that daddy is there for him x
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    the first time I climbed into the indoor play area with my daughter I had one of those "moments" too. In fact, she ran one way to play and I climbed all the way to the top and just sat up there and looked around and cried tears of happiness. Well done you!
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Dang it, you made me cry...and I don't even have kids!! Congratulations on your amazing NSV. :-)
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options
    Awww I've got a lump in my throat now...way to go xx
  • tippietoes
    Options
    What a great reward for all your hard work! Congratulations :)
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Okay.. Full disclosure.. I cried reading this!!! What an amazing feeling that must have been!! I'm so happy for you and can't think of a better story to hear just before bed.. :) Proud to call you a friend!! :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!