Low-cal quick sweets

Options

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    cotton candy 110 cals an ounce ..... fat free ;)
  • mattpusateri
    mattpusateri Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Rice Krispy treats!
    I like to have one after dinner. They only have 90 calories, but taste so good :)

Ding-ding-ding! Here's the winner...
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Made some low cal chocolate dipped macaroons this weekend. Only 71 calories each and they are decadent! Message me if you want the recipe. Or my favorite is a handful of blueberries or raspberries!
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1 or 2 pieces of dove dark chocolate around 3 at work and after dinner lately i've been having a schwan's strawberry popsicle... only 40 calories :)
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    About a cup of berries topped off with some light whipped cream does the trick for me... I think the fruit is about 90 cals and a serving of light whipped cream is 15-20. That is, of course, if you can keep it to a serving.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I don't really have anything much to add that's not already been posted! The pre portioning things is a must for me. My daughter is a Girl Scout and we have tons of cookies in the house, and I made sure i portioned them out.

The windex on the leftovers sounds a a bit crazy. why keep leftovers in the house if you're going to spray them with something..why not just throw them out or make sure you watch your potions? odd.
  • mpbfmom
    mpbfmom Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My grocery store carries Irene's all natural biscotti that are 20 - 25 calories per cookie. They come in a variety of flavors. The chocolate almond really hits the spot for me. I sometimes pair it with a glass of skim milk for a snack.
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    GREAT IDEA WITH THE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!
    I usually keep a small bar of dark fancy chocolate on me. When I crave sweets all I really need is a small bit and the craving goes away. The dark chocolate feels decadent, but apparently provides some nice health benefits other than satisfying a craving. In fact, I just had a square of Dagoba's Lavender Blueberry Dark Chocolate - so good!

Also, some family gave me two boxes of girl scout cookies, so instead of plowing through the whole box, I portioned out the cookies into single serving bags (about 4 cookies a bag). A serving runs about 120 calories, which isn't bad. I just throw a bag in my car before a long day.

Good luck!!
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Fudge pops work well for me! Nice chocolatey flavor but only about 60 calories.
  • Mellocare
    Mellocare Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like just a 1/2 cup of normal Great Value brand frozen, sliced and sweetened strawberries. 150 calories, can last a while if you eat slowly. Add a couple tablespoons of light whipped topping for only another 20 or so calories! :)
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    just saw this on Hungry Girl on Food Network:

Take 2 rice cakes- carmel or any other sweet one you like, then you take fat free cool whip and stir in cinnamon.
    then what you do is take one rice ca ke and add some cool whip and top it like a sandwich, then freeze it and its more like a ice cream sandwich and fairly low in calls I think the rice cakes are 50 cals a piece ( toltal 100 and what ever the cool whip it ( I think it was 25 per 2 tbls. Lemme know how you like it!!!
  • isaacs06
    isaacs06 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    my at home treat is sugar free popsicles. 15cal each - i'm not gonna lie i usually have 3 at a time lol
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    For low-cal sweets, I stick with fruit. Usually strawberries.
    My go to sweet that satisfies my sweet and salty craving is Pretzel M&M's. You get a whole 1.14 oz bag for 150 cal and 5g fat... worth every calorie for me. :o)
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    mini marshmallows !
  • kflynn28147
    kflynn28147 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    At my Walmart Keebler has 100 calorie snacks each bag has 100 calories. Mini Brownies, different kind of cookies. I find them in the cookies department. Also Jello makes chocolate pudding cups with only 60 calories. Hope this helps.
  • molo_bird
    Options
    This is a tricky topic... although everyone has their own traits. I do not work well with "taking away" from the things I like.
    I twitch really.. I will crave the food regardless. A snack bar, consisting of far less value of nutrition, yet low caloric intake will not suit my needs for a sweet snack. You may still eat in moderation of your old habits. "Let them eat cake" as she stated.
    Reducing your calories is just that. If I want some ice cream, or frozen yogurt- which is slightly better.. then I will have it.
    It's my 1200 calories to do with how I like.
    Skinny cow makes 100 calorie snacks... real snacks!!! eat people, truly eat.. or else there is no gain if you are miserabel along the way!!!
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    sugar-free gum does it for me. I prefer a minty flavored gum but there are some others that are flavored like cheesecake and key lime pie too. Another option is to cut up a chocolatey protein bar into little chunks and eat a few of them them when you get that craving. Or, you could also just eat 1,200 calories of pie and wait until tomorrow. :D
  • spacieb
    Options
    I have Special K fruit crisps. 2 crisps are just 100 calories. Blueberry and strawberry are my favorite.
  • abvickrey
    abvickrey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Low-calorie vanilla yogurt (80 calories for 6 oz!) + grapes :)
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    About 5 M&Ms, it's easy to portion, and easy to eat slowly so it really stretches out nicely. Calorie density wise they're not that low calorie, but they have other attributes that make up for that.

Also, Necco conversation hearts or (year round) Necco wafers.