Options
12346»

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    This is a fun way to look at 'averages':

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328

At my lowest weight I have the same BMI as the average woman my age in poorer parts of Africa or Asia. Pregnant, right now, I'm closer to the norm for the UK.

This doesn't determine how big I should be. For that I take into account a family history of heart problems and high blood pressure at the top end of the normal range, a shocking waist to hip ratio at the top of the normal range, gaunt cheeks as I slip towards the bottom of the range, all of which point to a BMI in the low 20s (unless there is a change in body composition), which at 5'5" is in the 120-130lb range.

Ooh, that is fun. I am most like someone from Sri Lanka.
  • AtashaStaggs
    Options
    I'm actually 5"6 1/2 and i range between 115 and 119 yet I'm not thin. i don't get how ppl that can weigh quite a bit more than me looks thinner than me. i guess its muscle but i work out and have indents of abbs so- I'm confused. My measurements are 32 27 36
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 with an hourglass figure, and I was 154lbs before getting pregnant (21 weeks now). I was aiming to lose 5-10 more pounds, although I was pretty happy where I was. I was wearing a UK 10/12 (US 6/8).
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and i weight around 119 pounds, dress size in the UK 8. :)
  • i am on an AMAZING diet so if anyone wants to try it here is the website you can click on the link (this is not spam ) it literately melts the pounds away!
    www.metlingaway.tsfl.com
  • atink17
    Options
    I am 5'6" and weigh around 97-100. I have a very small frame, so it fits well. I've been up to 113 with a lot of muscle, and that seems to look the best. The weight doesn't matter as much as the muscle. If you have a lot of fat, you could fit a size 4 and weigh less. If you have a lot of muscle,you could fit a size 2 and weigh more.
  • atink17
    Options
    QUOTE:
    "I'm actually 5"6 1/2 and i range between 115 and 119 yet I'm not thin. i don't get how ppl that can weigh quite a bit more than me looks thinner than me. i guess its muscle but i work out and have indents of abbs so- I'm confused. My measurements are 32 27 36"

Same goes for me too!!My weight really varies on what I eat that week so really my weight ranges from 95-100. My friends all weigh around 125 and look waaaaaay skinnier than me, my belly always sticks out like I'm 3 months pregnant and I work out. I don't understand
  • 2sweet84
    2sweet84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 6 and 3/4 lol that 3/4 makes all the difference :-) I'm currently 137 but want to be 130. I'm a uk size 10. I have quite muscular arms and legs but to reveal those abs i could do with dropping a few lbs - not going to happen this side of christmas though.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and have a goal weight of 120 pounds. That's on the low end of the normal BMI range, but I think it's attainable for me because I have a small frame and weighed about that in my late teens/early 20s. In the long-term, I'm going to try to maintain a weight in the 120s, but will consider my weight loss a success as long as I can stay in the normal BMI range, which is 118-154. Just don't ever want to be overweight again, basically.
  • mstorrie2
    mstorrie2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'6 and weigh 136.6 normally. I range from 135-145. I'm 36DD-26-35.5. My wrist is 5 3/4 and forearm 10". So am I a small or medium frame? My thumb and middle finger touch when around my wrist. I'm looking at some posts and can't figure it out since I wear a smaller clothing size than some of you at my same weight. I'm a small to extra small top and wear a solid size 2 slacks and jeans. I'm nit trying to be mean at all rather trying to find out if I'm at a good weight.

Also, I'm not an athletic person and my body fat is 25.2% which is the bottom of acceptable range for women. I have a very bad back and just had a L4-S2 lumbar fusion so exercising really is out of the question for the foreseeable future as well.
  • ltruns
    ltruns Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm 5'7 (close enough to 5'6) and currently weigh 145-150ish. I gained 15-20 lbs of weight undergoing fertility treatments. Its a combination of muscle/fat that was gained. Anywas.. I feel best at 120 - which was probably too low and has roots in my old ED mentality of always wanting to be skinnier and skinnier. I am happy/healthy at 130, I really don't like being over that but most my friends (honest ones) tell me they can't really tell a difference between 130/140 on me. Also, I wasn't ovulating on my own at under 130, so that's a big indicator of my weight/health relationship. I am seeing a registered dietician for nutritional monitoring in conjunction with fertility treatments.

I am athletic, run/lift heavy a lot, kinda pear shaped- 34 D on top (got breast implants last year, best decision for my pear shaped self!) 26 waist, 37-39in hips, 22% body fat, 37% muscle mass and monitor all that stuff. I'm learning that the scale is just a number, one of many.
  • leannebthompson5
    Options
    I'm 5' 6" 150 pounds and I'm pretty confident with it. I don't carry the weight in my stomach. It's more so in my back side and thighs and at 22 I guess that's pretty okay. I've always been super thin so I'm actually happy to gain a bit of extra weight. :)
  • Sherbear1109
    Sherbear1109 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and am currently overweight, but am aiming to get back to the 145 - 150 lbs. range. Before I got out of shape, that was my weight range and I looked and felt awesome at that weight range. I am rather large boned.
  • mary_xo
    mary_xo Posts: 4
    Options
    I need help!

I'm 5"6 and around 14 stone. I don't have a very high calorie intake normally, and I want to lose 3 stone by november. I don't know how to reach this goal as I don't know how I can restrict my calories further. I also dance 2 days a week and walk for a bit daily.

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

- I'm a student therefore I can't afford to attend the gym, and I attend college daily.
  • sjd1974
    sjd1974 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and currently at 161. My goal is between 135 and 140. I've lost 19 lb so far and 161 is still considered very slightly overweight. I'm wearing a true size 10 right now. :)
  • TheLAonline
    TheLAonline Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and I am about 149.. My goal is 140 ! :)
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'5" or 5'6". I've always been told that i look my healthiest between 140-150 lbs. I'm large framed in shape (very curvy, no matter how big or small I am).

At my lowest, I was.. pretty thin. It wasn't healthy, though. I'm thinking about gaining back to around 140. I have gained some weight in the past two months (mostly muscle). I found that I looked too small/unhealthy at any weight 125 or less.