WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PROTEIN POWDER??

Options
THERE ARE SO MANY BRANDS AND FLAVORS OUT THERE... WHAT'S YOUR FAVE?? AND YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO USE IT??

Replies

• bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    EAS chocolate soy protein (180 cals) with a couple tablespoons of BP2 and a banana... it's like a dang milkshake.
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Myofusion Banana perfection

1 cup 1% milk
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1/2 banana
    1 TBSP PB
    1 scoop Myo
    5 ice cubes
    blend
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Arbonne, So many ways to use it, but the cholocate is great with some peanut butter, almonds, and Coconut Milk!!!! Tastes like a peanut butter cup!!!! :smile:
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've been using the EAS Lean 15 that they sell at Target and I like it. I have both the chocolate and the vanilla.
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    Shakeology!!!!
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Anybody in the UK, get a free sample from The Good Whey Company. I've had mine and they are really nice, I don't buy from the brand as they are quite expensive but a couple of free samples is always a bonus. Even got a free pen, double win!
  • Nate74363
    Nate74363 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started using Gold Standard double rich chocolate. Tastes good to me. After doing a little research I found it to contain the most protein with the least amount of cholesterol and calories.
  • bennjammin
    bennjammin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I prefer Tropical Fruit Punch (Optimum Nutrition) since it tastes great with cold water. I keep it handy at home and work for quick fixes in the morning, afternoon, and before & after the gym. I swear by Allstarhealth.com for great prices and service. Let me know what you think.

5 lb. Tub $49.99
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 30.00 grams
    Servings per Container: 74.00
    Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**
    Calories 120
    Caloried from Fat 10
    Total Fat 1g 2
    Saturated Fat .5g 3
    Cholesterol 30mg 10
    Total Carbohydrate 3g 1
    Sugars 1g †
    Protein 24g 48
    Calcium 140mg 14
    Sodium 60mg 3
    Enzyme Blend 25mg
    Aminogen †
    Lactase †

Ingredients:
    Protein Blend(Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Peptides), Natural and Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Beet Color, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sucralose, Yellow # 5&6.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    (phd) pharma chocolate cookie is great - they do 25g samples for £1 with free delivey.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I haven't tried many different kinds, but I really like the Body Fortress Strawberry flavor. I sometimes mix it with Chobani greek yogurt variety flavors. Very good.
  • nwilson1213
    nwilson1213 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Myofusion Banana perfection

1 cup 1% milk
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1/2 banana
    1 TBSP PB
    1 scoop Myo
    5 ice cubes
    blend

This sounds delicious!
  • momto5babies
    Options
    Maybe be a crazy question but I wont know the answer until I ask! What is the importance of a protein shake and when do you drink one?
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Isopure Zero Carb, creamy vanilla: 2 scoops, 8 oz of unsweetened coconut milk, 1/2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, and 8 oz of water. Tastes like chocolate milk.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    For every day protein that I use in smoothies I like Body Fortress Whey Protein Vanilla, it is low in sugar and it tastes good, its also cheap. I also have some Jillian Michaels Chocolate protein powder that I am trying to use up but it tastes TERRIBLE. Not only does it barely taste like chocolate at all, the consistency when it is blended or shaken is like chocolate pudding and not in a good way.

For after work outs I use Biorhythm Afterglow in Orange Push up. It tastes okay (I've heard the bazooka fruit and watermelon flavors are better), but is very effective in cutting down on muscle soreness. However it is full of sugar, so if you are watching your sugar I don't recommend it.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Maybe be a crazy question but I wont know the answer until I ask! What is the importance of a protein shake and when do you drink one?

Gives you proteins to repair the microscopic muscle damage that occurs when resistance weight training. (This is a good thing, the damage/repair cycle is how the muscles get bigger and stronger).

If you take it once, take it right after the workout. Some people do before/after workout.
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    My favorite protein powder is the Body By Vi. It comes in a sweet cream flavor and you can make literally hundreds of different recipes. It only has 90 calories per serving, less than 1 gram of sugar, less than 7 carbs. and 12 grams of protein. The Tri-Sorb protein blend is a unique blend of highly absorbable proteins. My favorite is:

Vi Shape Shake Mix - 2 scoops (90 calories)
    Unsweetened Almond milk - 8 oz. (40 calories)
    Cranberry Light Juice - 4 oz. (25 calories)
    Unsweetened frozen mixed fruit - 1/2 cup (35 calories)
    Neuro - 1 packet (12 calories)
    Total 202 calories

Another favorite:
    Almond Joy:
    Shake Mix - 2 scoops
    Almond Milk - 8 oz.
    1/2 tsp. coconut extract
    4 - 5 almonds
    Chocolate flavored mix in or cocoa powder
    YUM!!
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    EAS chocolate soy protein (180 cals) with a couple tablespoons of BP2 and a banana... it's like a dang milkshake.

I use a similar recipe (I use EAS Chocolate Whey Protein and PB2) and I can confirm it is absolutely delicious! EAS Chocolate all the way!
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Oh, and I use whatever the big bag is from Costco. Used to be EAS, now its Cytosomething. I find that the chocolate flavors tend to be the best (even when I was mixing it with punch gatorade power lol). By "best" I mean "most non-weird tasting".
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options

its just another way to get your daily intake of protein in addition to whole food sources like meats, shakes tend to absorb quickly in the body ( whey protein) so posr or pre workout is an optimum choice

and Optimum nutrition gold standard is the best Whey protein
    I use ON's Hydrobuilder though and love it
  • mszebra
    Options
    I live by Trader Joe's Vanilla Whey.