Wicked dessert cravings after dinner.

Options
After I eat dinner and/or late at night I always have a really bad dessert craving because I'm so used to have something sweet after dinner time, it's basically what I've done my whole life. I usually try and save up enough calories so I can have a cookie or something but sometimes I only have 100 calories left so I can really eat anything else and it's horrible. And it's definitely not helping that I haven't been eating til i'm full, which is hard for me too. I honestly don't even want to know how many calories I used to eat in day. haha but any suggestions on trying to get rid of this craving ?

Replies

• kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    maybe try some fresh fruit with sf cool whip? or a smoothie
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    A smoothie might work. But I crave like chocolate and peanut butter most of the time.
  • mbilling
    mbilling Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking tea with milk and honey lately. I love the Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice. It's sweet and also filling and helps me sleep better.
    I also like coffee nips when I'm just craving something sweet. They are 30 cal each and you have to suck on them, so they last a long time...and they're creamy, so it sort of satisfies my need for rich stuff.
  • annieheavrin
    Options
    I have the SAME issues...I eat a Fiber One Peanut Butter brownie! Only 90 calories. :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I eat a mini or fun sized three musketeers bar. You could probably get some of those mini reeses peanut butter cups and have one or two of them. I like something sweet after a meal and I make sure I save enough calories to have it.
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I agree with the fiber one brownies! They are so good and only 90 calories. They also have fiber one bars for 90 calories that come in chocolate/peanut butter and also the chocolate pretzel ones are yummy!

Fat free jello chocolate pudding is good too for only 60 calories.
  • chevvy53
    Options
    I am using mfp to lose weight and as a habit changer??so stick wit it try a slice of apple with some p/butter on it or teaspoon chocolate spread as a taster or get one or two squares of chocolate melt it and dip couple strawberries in it ?? but let it linger in your mouth and savour the flavour it may help .:smile:
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like the fun size candy ideas. I love candy. ahah I'll just have to make sure I don't eat the whole thing, I think I'll try that. And I actually had one of those Fiber One brownies out of a vending machine once and it wasn't really that great. Like I know it's not going to taste like a normal brownie, but idk I just didn't like it that much, or maybe it was just in the vending machine for awhile...hah.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    After I eat dinner and/or late at night I always have a really bad dessert craving because I'm so used to have something sweet after dinner time, it's basically what I've done my whole life. I usually try and save up enough calories so I can have a cookie or something but sometimes I only have 100 calories left so I can really eat anything else and it's horrible. And it's definitely not helping that I haven't been eating til i'm full, which is hard for me too. I honestly don't even want to know how many calories I used to eat in day. haha but any suggestions on trying to get rid of this craving ?

Fiber One 90 calorie bar!! I love this as my after dinner snack w/a cup of Jo and some vanilla/caramel fat free creamer YUM!
  • lisaz3349
    lisaz3349 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I say its time to discover pb2 chocolate! It will change your dieting life!
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I made these Chocolate Cupcakes last night. Only 72 calories

72 Calories- Chocolate cupcakes

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar, firmly packed
    1 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar, firmly packed
    3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp table salt
    1/2 cup water
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/2 tsp vinegar, cider
    1 1/2 tsp margarine, melted
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
    2. In a bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a second bowl stir together remaining ingredients. Pour water mixture over flour mixture and stir until batter is smooth.
    3. Pour into a nonstick 12-hole muffin tin coated with cooking spray, filling until half full. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
    4. Remove from oven. Let sit 5 minutes, then turn out onto rack to completely cool.

Number of Servings: 12

Servings Per Recipe: 12
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 72.2
    Total Fat: 0.6 g
    Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
    Sodium: 255.6 mg
    Total Carbs: 16.2 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
    Protein: 1.1 g
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    A smoothie might work. But I crave like chocolate and peanut butter most of the time.

OR, a jello 60 calorie choc pudding w/a tsp of peanut butter. (Got that from Bob Harper :wink: )
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I like the fun size candy ideas. I love candy. ahah I'll just have to make sure I don't eat the whole thing, I think I'll try that. And I actually had one of those Fiber One brownies out of a vending machine once and it wasn't really that great. Like I know it's not going to taste like a normal brownie, but idk I just didn't like it that much, or maybe it was just in the vending machine for awhile...hah.

I keep them in the fridge. They aren't quite as decadent and for some reason, that keeps me from binging. You could also keep them in the freezer and just pull a couple out each day. If you have ever tried to eat a frozen candy bar, you will know that there is no way to eat it very quickly and by the time you are done, the worst of the craving has passed.
  • Mommiana
    Mommiana Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! Drink some water, brush your teeth (then I'm too lazy to brush again after eating); have some Greek yogurt, or eat a rice cake (50 cals). There's also powdered peanut butter, PB2. Not the same as the full deal but it works. Good luck :)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    You know, it really doesn't matter if you go a little over your goal every now and then, as long as you keep a gap between what you are actually eating and your maintenance calories you will still lose.
  • DL121004
    DL121004 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My normal dessert is a Chobani plain yogurt blended with some DaVinci sugar free syrup (and yes, they have a peanut butter flavor!). Right around the 100 Cal mark.
  • alyssaanagram
    Options
    I usually bake some peaches with cinnamon and eat them with cool whip - tastes like peach cobbler!
    Or I put a little peanut butter on a rice cake and drizzle chocolate syrup on it - I crave PB & Chocolate like crazy. This usually ends up being around 120 calories depending on brand/how much peanut butter I end up using.
  • healthytiger
    Options
    Hmmm..

I'm the same.

For me, what works is drinking light cappuccino stick.

Only 50/60 calories and it cut my binge craving.

And it taste good too :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Don't get rid of it...treat yourself! :)

100 cal packs
    Skinny Cow/Smart One ice creams
    Dark chocolate

:D I have a small treat each night!
  • healthytiger
    Options
    Or strawberries...