Wicked dessert cravings after dinner.

Options

Replies

• Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I once read you should clean your teeth after dinner. Because your mouth feels fresh you don't need the sweetness, and its also kinda like saying your mouth is done for the day. I think I should try this cos I have the pudding cravings too - although I've replaced chocolate cravings for anything sweet now, nuts, spoonful of nut butter, even been picking the nice bits out the muesli recently lol!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I chew gum or suck on a sugarfree werther's.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    sugar free fudgesicle - 40 calories
    sugar free pudding - 60 calories
    sugar free popsicles/creamsicle - 5-10 calories

theres a lot of things you can find...
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    I have the SAME issues...I eat a Fiber One Peanut Butter brownie! Only 90 calories. :)

ohhhh YES! Good idea! those are sooo good!
  • tennyt1
    tennyt1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Fiber one brownie---Amazing!!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i almost always have a weight watchers or skinny cow ice cream after dinner and as soon as i get my toddler into bed! :)
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i usually have a clif bar or other sweet protein bar after dinner. seems to work ok for dessert cravings.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies... best ever
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have helped kick the craving by working it in!

My kids love this one -

What you need:
    Graham Crackers
    Fat Free Cool Whip
    Other topping of your choice (I made the Sugar Free Cookie Dough Dip from Chocolate Covered Katie's website)

Take a graham cracker square and spread with topping of your choice. (Nutella, sliced bananas, etc work great!) Then put some cool whip on top - and cover with another graham cracker. Put in the freezer. Eat as a ice cream sandwich! :)

70 calories - graham cracker (for one full cracker is only 70 calories)
    30 calories - 4 Tablespoons of Cool Whip

Also - my go to craving fix is to melt a few chocolate chips (or hershey kisses) and stir in total cereal. Get a ton of vitamin goodness and fix the chocolate need.
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have the SAME issues...I eat a Fiber One Peanut Butter brownie! Only 90 calories. :)

I do this too
  • dsewell40
    dsewell40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many great ideas. Saving...thank you.
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    I have one spoonfull of Nutella after my dinner each night. Does the job on the sweets cravings and its 100 cals
  • staceymsavage
    staceymsavage Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One thing that I found really helped me (because I often get sweet cravings after I eat) is to chew on a piece of gum the second you get the craving. Either mint or fruit flavored.

My old nutritionist told me that often our body is looking for a spike in sugar after we eat, but to be really successful in handling those cravings / crashes etc, if you just chew a sweet piece of gum, that instant craving goes away and you'll realize you don't really need anything at all.

Hope this helps!
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Try a Chocolate protein shake with peanut butter added in. I use maxpro by max muscle. It is great. I drink one every night right before bed. The protein keeps my matabolism working through the night and I get my chocolate fix at the same time. I also make it with "Unsweetened" Vanilla Almond Milk, this reduces the sugars and carbs as aposed to skim milk.
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies! They satisfy my chocolate craving after dinner!
  • raedlewis
    raedlewis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I agree with a few of the others about brushing your teeth. It is a good deterrant for me because food doesn't taste the same when you have freshly brushed teeth so it keeps me from eating snacks. Although I don't think it hurts too much to have a dessert if you really want it, and others have posted lots of good ideas if you do have a treat, but burshing teeth helps me get away from the treats.
  • cassblue21
    Options
    bumping for ideas! thanks!
  • staceymsavage
    staceymsavage Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i almost always have a weight watchers or skinny cow ice cream after dinner and as soon as i get my toddler into bed! :)

I agree, the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are a GREAT option!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Apple with tbs of peanutbutter or a fat free pudding cup with a graham cracker crushed on top.

http://www.canadianparents.com/article/100-family-snacks-under-100-calories
  • deannarey13
    Options
    I have the same problem. Chocolate and PB are my weaknesses as well. I have made sugar free cupcakes with a cool whip frosting. I also have a bag of Hershey kisses and only have one at a time when I absolutely need to.

I have to say that if you really want to cut that evening snack out though, brushing your teeth works the best. Nobody wants to eat right after brushing. I have done it and it really works.